Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,742   Online: 867

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Ian, pleased to meet you
    A few months ago I've tripped to Madrid, from Bucharest. I've done two 35mm films: Fuji & Rolley.
    On Fuji I've got some fog, on Rolley the emulsion was leaked some how and stick to the cliche. Useless...
    Then I've read this post from Kodak http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi.../tib5201.shtml and it worried me some how.
    Now I handle it with precaution. May be it was something else not the x ray, but I don't want it to happen again.
    Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can only speak from experience, and as a very frequent flyer travelling to 4 continents and at least 16 countries over the past 6-7 years I'm always carrying film unexposed & exposed and have never had a problem

That Kodak data is years out of date and European scanners are 100% film safe and where in 2003, the Turkish scanners are made by the same companies. The film manufacturers work with the scanner manufacturers to ensure film is scanned safely.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    You may be right Ian.
    I'll think about it, but if there is a possibility to process them in Istanbul, with no trouble, I'll access both variants.

Thanks a lot!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Izmir?

Hi there,

Could anyone who is aware of a lab in Izmir please post the details? I'm looking for somewhere that does E6 colour slide etc.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was a lab on the edge of the Kemeralti, I have the card somewhere but it's 4 years since I paid them a visit, no idea if they still process at all. They were a Pro dealers but carried very little stock, mainly digital.

Are you based in Izmir ?

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format

Izmir lab.

Thanks Ian!

I'm currently based in Selcuk (for the next month...without a fridge), I have a few rolls I'd really like to have developed in the meantime.

I'll be heading to Liverpool afterwards, I might have to post the film to a lab in the UK if I can't find somewhere here.

Cheers,
    Catherine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Should have said welcome to AAPUG

Ian

Shooter
    35mm

second hand cameras in istanbul

Hello, im going to istanbul in two weeks , not my first time. i have done some search ( in both sides of the city) for analogue cameras and lenses , i have the A1 and would like to get some canon lenses especially wide ones. Mainly my search led me to some wrecked machines or very high priced pieces... i am looking precisely for the Minox GT 35 as i have been told there 's a place in karakoy that have it plus everything i need for my canon...sadly i cldnt get directions .Does anyone knows this place or any other shop that have what i need? films too (expired ones)

thanks a lot...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Check Loris's links. Karakoy and Eminonu are the two sides of the Halic River connected with Galata Bridge. If you go to Taksim Square , Beyoglu or Bosphorus Sea Side Road , Modern Art Museum , Besiktas , Sariyer , Emirgan , Ciragan Palace and Dolmabahce Palace , Robert College , Bosphorus University ,Bebek they are all at the side of the Karakoy.

If you cross the Galata Bridge and reach to the Eminonu , there is Sultanahmet Mosque , Suleymaniye Mosque , Hagia Sophia , Hagia Cora , Archaeology Museum , Topkapi Palace , Koc Industrial Museum , Sirkeci , Grand Train Station and lots of used camera equipment sellers at Sirkeci and around Grand Post Office at Sirkeci . There is seaside route to Yesilyurt , Yesilkoy there.

There is a serious repair work is going on at Bosphorus Bridges and always prefer a ship route to Anatolian Side Kadikoy or Bosphorus Sea Side Tour via vapur ship from Eminonu or Karakoy or Kadikoy or Besiktas.

Istanbul is 100 times larger than tourists sees and tourists sees the not the nicest places.

Eminonu and Sirkeci Post Office area are the mecca of film photography but analog cameras are very expensive. Buy from ebay. You can buy every film possible from Pamuk Ticaret cheap , 6.5 dollars for 120 Kodak Portra 400 Fresh.

Istanbul is extremelly hot nowadays , buy hat , sunscreen and sunglasses. Try to visit after Ramadan.

Buy lots of train coins ,ship coins ,bus cards , metrobus cards , telephone card for not to need wait later

Its a suicide to visit that city without tour guide books and large maps and updated traffic flow information.

At Sirkeci , you can jump to train and go to Bakirkoy or Yesilkoy beatiful place , walk bus to the sea and turn back to the Sirkeci by bus from sea side route.

You can go to the Kadikoy with Ship , walk to the Moda , find a ship to Prince Islands expecially Buyukada and enjoy.
    You can jump to minibus and go to the Bagdat Caddesi and great fun

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Catherine ,

Pamuk Ticaret can help you to process slides , negatives , bw process 5 and 6 ytl , any film , card up to 8x10 film from Istanbul. Check Loris's post.

Umut
    Istanbul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin