Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,089   Online: 888

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photos from a recent trip to Paris:

http://www.photoalbum.12freeukisp.co...aris/index.htm

All taken on Fuji Neopan 400 on very overcast days, and the film handled it rather well, I thought.

Comments are very welcome, and would be appreciated! Sorry I haven't posted to the gallery instead, but I'm trying to keep my jpeg submissions down (too many scattered all over the web already!)

Jin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You like architectural abstract, nice shots. What was that area you were in that had the glass pyramids?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excerllent work!! Well defined style.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The glass pyramid is the entrance to The Louvre, designed by IM Pei. The area is the First Arrondisement, Metro Louvre-Rivoli, not that far from L'Opera and Palais Royal. This area is my favourite in Paris. I would love to go back with my 810 and become a pseudo l'incarnation de l'Atget.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the comments. I believe the glass pyramid was built sometime in the late 80s or early 90s - and you enter the Louvre via the pyramid down a spiral staircase. Sadly, tripods are out of bounds in such areas, especially the Louvre. The tripod police are usually out in full force! All these shots were handheld. If you're visiting Paris, definitely bring a monopod, and plenty of fast film!

Jin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin