Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,831   Online: 1158

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Using a tripod in Prague is no problem as long as you don't interfere with traffic (either people or cars). I used my Flexaret there and had a few older people approaching me to chat about the camera as they used the same all those years ago. They were so pleased to see a young guy use a camera like that in this digital age.

Be sure to pay a visit to Skoda Photo, they are located in the street called Vodickova, it's a street that connects with Václavské Námtestí square. It's a big photo store with a nice part of old camera's (which you can buy) and a good range of film (also rollfilm). The Staff speaks a little English but not much. These are the guys who hooked me up on Foma Film, got a roll for free when I bought a Flexaret III there, I was lost on Foma after that.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My experience in other countries BUT the USA, tripod use is OK and isn't subjected to the same level of hassle. The only people that approached my in Prague, did so to ask about my yellow Hasselblad, my photography, talk about their own photography experiences, even the local law enforcement. I've come to learn that asking about certain subjects on any internet board, even APUG, is usually a crap shoot. You're getting what people experience, not exactly what is the law or what is the right thing to do. Ask me if one can jay walk in NYC, my answer is sure, but the law is otherwise. If you really want to know, ask the Prague city government first via the internet and then ask about local customs. Have fun, post lots of pics into the gallery.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin