Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,506   Online: 852

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This time I am traveling light to Iceland as well. I'm only taking 50 rolls of film!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    As Dan said, Iceland is very photogenic. Just go to a book store and look at all the choice in landscape photography books. 35mm is small equipment, so I definitely would include a couple of lenses and a tripod. You will need a tripod for the northern lights, waterfalls...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ///alpinepower View Post

... compose 5 frames of film per day.

... the peaking bounty of undeveloped film coincided with the voyage home.
    Somebody once said that experienced photographers never-ever use the last two exposures on a roll of film, no matter what - something about never knowing when the second coming might take place unexpectedly.

Denis K

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    May I suggest a different option? Allow yourself as much film/processing as you want but with as twist. Pretend it costs you $20-30 per shot as it would if you were shooting 8x10 inch film and make a donation to some nice charity for every shot you take. The donation should be fiscally painful for your particular pocketbook so the amount may change (+/-)... and no cheating!! :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by calceman View Post
    As Dan said, Iceland is very photogenic. Just go to a book store and look at all the choice in landscape photography books. 35mm is small equipment, so I definitely would include a couple of lenses and a tripod. You will need a tripod for the northern lights, waterfalls...
    yeah, i am actually rethinking the tripod scheme. if i can find a way to fit one, it goes too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I always fret about the lens that I left behind - and if it would have allowed me to make the spectacular shot that I could not get. But, that's part of the exercise.
    Each to their own, but at a certain point you have to ask yourself, are you taking a camera along to take pictures, or to mess with yourself?

A certain level of messing with yourself can be educational, yes, but there's a limit if actually getting photos you like is still a major part of the goal.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My first time to Iceland was with Bill and I took one Hasselblad body, two backs, three lenses, two light meters, one Hasselblad Xpan camera, 70 rolls of medium format APX 100 and 20 rolls of 35mm APX 100. I shot a total of 55 rolls of the medium format film and I think about 15 rolls of the 35mm film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I plan to take my "rediscovered" FT2, a single roll of velvia 50, and a 35mm lens on the trip to compose 5 frames of film per day.

Could you limit yourself to one roll, one lens, and the other self-imposed caps?
    You gotta be joking, I was more like 5 frames per minute. Do not limit yourself, Iceland presents so many photographic opportunities any time of the year.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One camera, one lens works well for me. However, I would take a small tripod and to be safe, a little more film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One lens is OK, I guess. But the film can be really slow there to shoot without tripod.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin