Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,447   Online: 986

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    San Antonio, Texas has five unique Spanish colonial mission churches built in the early 1700's. Each is a real architectural jewel in its own way. The interiors are dark, but some have original decorative wall painting. They are located within a few miles of each other along the San Antonio river. An aquaduct connected the missions and parts of the aquaduct remain intact. There also is a mill at one of the sites. You can find out many more details on the internet. Don't be confused by some of the websites. The local baseball team is called the "San Antonio Missions"! There is a fundraising campaign underway to restore the missions over the next 5 or 6 years. Hopefully the restorations will not take away the character.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Lee Carmichael has done a portfolio of images of these missions. These are very nice images. While I haven't visited San Antonio yet, I can certainly appreciate the historical and emotional significance. Thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don actually beat me to it, but Lee has a portfolio on these old missions that is beautiful. Hopefully I can talk him into parting with a copy of the portfolio so that I can scan them and maybe he can do an article on the them or submit them to be the featured member.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would love to see Lee's protfolio..hint, hint Lee. These are really nice places, four are part of San Antonio Missions National Historical Park (http://www.nps.gov/saan/). Restoration can be good, but depends on who at the NPS is running things.
    Mike C

Rambles

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    thanks guys, they will be up in June (that is the latest change from the gallery) in San Antonio at a gallery on Broadway near the Loop 410. The gallery is Vantana. I think that is how it is spelled. More later when closer to the show.

lee\c

Hi,

We are a photogrpahy business in SATX, but you can certainly browse our galleries free of charge in full "original" detail if you'd just like to see the beauty of these gorgeous old buildings.

Hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoy photographing them... www.missionphoto.biz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Speaking of the wonderful images by Lee, I had the chance to see these a couple of weeks ago and must say they were very nice. If you ever get a chance to meet Lee, have him show them to you. Besides being a fine gentleman, he's a heck of a good photographer to boot...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by missionphoto
    Hi,
    We are a photogrpahy business in SATX, but you can certainly browse our galleries free of charge in full "original" detail if you'd just like to see the beauty of these gorgeous old buildings.
    Hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoy photographing them... www.missionphoto.biz
    I *LOVE*!! the opening lines from this site, following "About Our Photography":

"Our photographs are developed using Fuji Crystal Archive paper via a genuine photographic emulsion process. These are not surface prints ..."

A harbinger of things to come in the Galleries? - I hope.

*Excellent* work here... WELL worth the visit.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    These are certainly nice images. Nice work. Can you tell us more about your process?

lee\c

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was lucky enough to manage a trip down to the missions in San Antonio just a couple weeks ago.

one the better printed images.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin