Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,045   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Funny how the mind works. Up until I read your post, the phrase "cross-country road trip" would automatically bring an image to mind of going east to west. Road trips are always west bound! I live in the middle of the country and always go west, starting with my hitch-hiking trip from OK to CA and back in '71!
    East bound, what a concept! Enjoy and be prepared to discover that most people are nicer to travelers than you would expect!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I just got schwacked at school and if I want to get into my top choice school for college I have to go to summer school for some classes, thus no roadtrip for atleast a year. Really really bummed right now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    Funny how the mind works. Up until I read your post, the phrase "cross-country road trip" would automatically bring an image to mind of going east to west. Road trips are always west bound!
    I was watching the movie, "Wagon Trains East" on Hulu last weekend and they were saying the same thing. If you think his road-trip is in the wrong direction, watch this movie sometime when you want a mindless diversion from the darkroom.

Denis K

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I always associated "cross country" with off-road. So a cross-country road-trip came across as somewhat strange to me.

Shooter
    35mm

Life happens

Quote Originally Posted by rphenning View Post
    I just got schwacked at school and if I want to get into my top choice school for college I have to go to summer school for some classes, thus no road trip for at least a year. Really really bummed right now.
    Sorry about your luck. the problem with grand trips like this is that STUFF always happens. There never seems to be a good time.

To keep the dream alive, do a mini-grand road trip with whatever time you have. 1-2-3 weeks from S. California across southern Utah and back wouldn't be hard to take. It's not coast to coast but it wouldn't be punishment either. It also wasn't on your original half trip itinerary.

Good luck! Good light!
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the East Texas Rain forest. Apprentice Analog Activist.
    ... And to paraphrase Yoda, there is no how, only do.
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I am going to just postpone it to the year after I get into school. Nothing will stop me then. NOTHING. Caps were necessary.

Taking to heart what you said though I am probably going to get a little something in, maybe go see the grand canyon or about that far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rphenning View Post
    I am going to just postpone it to the year after I get into school. Nothing will stop me then. NOTHING. Caps were necessary.

Taking to heart what you said though I am probably going to get a little something in, maybe go see the grand canyon or about that far.
    You are young, don't let it get you down. Don't get entangled in things that keep you from doing it.

And get a Vanagon Westy to camp in. Or a newer (late 70s) loaf Westy. I know people who have spent years on the road in these vehicles.

And then find, as your goal, Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster in South Freeport Maine. You'll be glad you did.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin