Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,856   Online: 944

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip to England

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Karen and I are planning a trip to England in September or October. We are looking for coastal communities and castle ruins. Any suggestions for: places to go, Places to stay and people to see would appreciated. We will be there three weeks.
    Thank in advance.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom,

I live in the border country of England and Scotland where there are many castles on both sides of the border and some of the best coastline in the UK. Email me direct so that we can organise something for you. My email les.mclean1@btopenworld.com
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    127 Format
    I'd totally agree with Les - forget England, and head North.

I now live on the south coast, and coastline is BORING. I grew up near Newcastle so I'm rather based, but the north east coastline is fantasic. I got some great shots when I was back at xmas, without really trying (and if you're in Newcastle you've got to do the bridges).

Start in Tynemouth (the Priory ruins overlooks the river mouth), and then just head North along the coast into Scotland - you can't really help tripping over a castle or two.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    BORING!!! We don't have BORING coastlines in England, only different ones! Scotland of course is a completly different matter.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Given that my family is from Llanfihanngel-geneur-glynn, Cardigan, I too am biased. Look at the stuff David Hurn shot in Wales, then do something different

(And you thought "Bjorke" was a mouthful! Ample proof that Elven is derived from Welsh (or Cornish -- though I suspect it's the origin of the language of Mordor))

KB
    (Currently trying to decide between Sept trips to Grenoble or Beijing)

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Medium Format
    We have some great coastal landscapes in the south east of england too - especially around south and east kent and sussex - and all a short drive from London. Let me know if you are planning on coming this way and I'll give you a few specific locations - maybe will be able to act as tour guide - you never know!

Mind you - I've just got back from a week in Cornwall - and there are some amazing coastal landscapes there - especially on the North coast.

Enjoy your trip.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks leon, It looks like we are in good hands, Between you and Les we'll have two sides of the country covered. We know what we want to accomplish while there but are still working on how and where we going to do it. So I will contact you as the time draws nearer hoping that we can at least have a "spot of tea".
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thomas,
    I'm curious how far along you are with your website-building skills (I remember that you were teaching yourself). I have been looking forward to an update to your site for quite some time now with many of the images that you post here so that I can re-browse them and others where we only got to see a polaroid test shot. I expect this to be done before you go to England or else I'm sending Michael over to bodycheck you

Just curious when we could a new gallery or two of your fantastic (both in a sense of wonderful quality and my own wonderment with the subject matter) images
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Images
    I'm with Jeremy, I think its time for Thomas to be the next featured member on this site.
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm working on it guys, I have a guy writing a program for my computer and creating pages that I can do my own work with. We are also adding pages for custom portraiture, street shooting Platinum prints and my paintings.

The year was supposed to start slow work wise but my clients moved the work up so I've been chasing the money stuff more than the personal stuff. After next week the crunch will end for a couple months.

I'd say we are six weeks from having everything up and running.

Thanks for asking.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin