Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,668   Online: 818

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka
    Ed could offer to do the nun's portrait.
    LOVE IT!
    hi!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, it looks like the dark side of those proponents of digital is finally rearing its ugly head - treating film users as undesirable! I can't wait for the signs to start popping up - they'll have the silhouette of a 35mm canister inside a red circle with a slash through it.
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Brian,

Next time take Aggie with you and sic the police that *she* attracts onto *your* Nazi's and local yokels!

Then take pictures of the brawl and post them; I need a good laugh!

All the best,

Frank

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's why I avoid California and photograph New Mexico.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Next time take Aggie with you and sic the police that *she* attracts onto *your* Nazi's and local yokels!
    Then take pictures of the brawl and post them;
    Yeeehh!! The mind BOGGLES ...!!!!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Speaking of 'mind boggling,' I'm waiting to hear/read what Ed's approach would be when photographing the aforementioned nun! :o
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I, for me, would have a bracing whisky first but I think Ed doesn't like that stuff.

Hans

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ed would need to find out what TYPE she is and then apply the appropriate amount of hocus pokus and psycho swings and tilt.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I replied to this a couple of days ago, and ??? I don't see anything here - possibly the reply slipped off into bit heaven...?

Which "Ed" are you addressing here?

If the question was directed towards me ... My answer would be: "With a camera - the same way I photographed a Nun the last time..".

She was a had a *very good* "eye" for photography and had returned from an assignment to Africa, where she had photographed the local people and became fascinated with the flat art - paintings, done by the local people, in their style, of religious themes. She had used an APS camera - and returned with 11 rolls of film. The problem was that she was not experienced in photographing flat art, and there were terrible amounts of perspective errors - keystoning galore.
    I had the film processed in a local Commercial lab, and finally produced ~ 70 or 80 color prints, correcting for the perspective errors by easel tilting - the old "brick trick". *Interesting* - if backbreaking - work!!

I photographed her for an article in their publication about her work.

So -- "How did I photograph her? - and how would I photograph another Nun?"

I'll ignore any subrosa implications here - I would photograph her in exactly the same way as I photograph everyone else - Talk to her, try to get some idea of her inner "being" - Try to discover her internal image of herself , and how she would like to be presented in the photograph ... that would be, more or less, the end of rationalization. Then - try to "leave my Self" and start tripping the shutter, "stream of consciousness-ly" as I always do.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka
    I think we should all take a planned trip to San Jose, what would that be, several hundred? and take care of the nun and the other grizzly people in that area... (or at least show them that we're rather nice after all). Michael could bring lots of wine and Ed could offer to do the nun's portrait.
    Sigh and I was out of town. Karen come on out. Two viking ladies are better than one. I'm sure that nobody would dare stand up to us. Brian might have a bit of fun taking pic's of the aftermath. But I have a tale to tell about my trip. could have used Brian on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin