Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,515   Online: 1140

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having been to Venice 4 times so far, all approx half day visits, I'd say take the TLR, perhaps I'm biased because that's what I've used on 3 of the 4 occasions. I've also taken a 6x17 camera.

Venice is full of small side streets etc with fewer open spaces than most cities and the main tourist areas tend to be crowded, I actually re-found my use of the square formatr shooting in Venice, and it's a fast way of working hand-held (compared to my more usual 5x4 or 10x8).

I've been shooting Delta 400 @ 200 EI in mt Yashicamat which is ideal but also Fomapan 100 @ 50 EI, but is your there in the winter you will need a faster film, a tripod might be useful in the quieter areas.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd go for the Rolleiflex (but have never used a Leica). I'm partial however since the MX-EVS is my all-day camera, particularly when travelling for business.

Some of my keepers have been shot this way (on business trip)
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will also go for the Rolleiflex.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are lucky enough to be in Venice while it's snowing (and hopefully sans tourists) you should see something really magical. Post some of your pictures, please.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry, been there, taken my M2, left the Rolleiflex at home... and will take it next time for sure! But I was happy with it, fast and light for a first impression of Venice, so I'll be prepared next time when I'll come with the Rolleiflex. One point was the cold: I was quite happy not having to change film every 12 exposures. It was freezing, absolutely freezing cold, I nearly did not feel my hands anymore, so 36 exposures in stead of 12 before having to change film again was a great advantage.

I will post some pictures (or a link to my gallery) as soon as I will have my neg developed and scanned. May take a few days, though. Peter, I got snow, but hardly enough to even see it falling, let alone covering something. But only few people, no crowds (people here told me the week before christmas is the worst for them, no tourists at all. Good for me, that is).

Thank you so much for your input,

Holger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    An other camera I know would go nice would be the Plaubel Makina 67, 80mm or 50mm. NOTE: The lenses are not interchangeable; permanently fixed to the camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The trip is over, the negs developed and scanned: please find the pictures on my pBase gallery.

Thanks for your input!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Great images, thank you for sharing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quick-run out and buy a Mamiya 6 or 7!! Medium format with the convienience of the Leica.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some very nice work. Next time that you are there, go over to Guidecca. Quite a bit different than the rest of the city. Venice is a fantastic place, especially if you can manage your visits when the tourists are not about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin