Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,968   Online: 738

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is an outlet, in the amazing Wukesong camera mall in Beijing, for Ilford products (as well as many others). IIRC, they advertise in View Camera magazine.

I bought my Shen Hao 4x5 in that mall so there definitely is a place to go for this stuff.

Not sure what Shanghai, Era or other Chinese manufacturers offer for the more unusual film offerings -- be very curious to know for anyone who can post that info?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    When I've glanced at the xitek list, there seems to be a fair amount of interest in color, and there are surely some people in that crowd with the budget to special order from Fuji or Kodak.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Beijing is a first-world, hyper-modern and wealthy city (for the benefit of those who don't know as much about China, perhaps). One look at that photo will show you those guys came to play.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What's with the Schneider-Kreuznach sign in the photo?
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I was in the photo mall in Shanghai this June. About six floors. As you go up the smaller players start to show up. You could find the latest new LF gear at a few of the stores and Shen-Hao has their store there as well.

As Colin mentioned these are supper modern city's... I thought Shanghai was very similar to New York in a lot of ways.

-rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yup. Film is dead.

I'm drooling over no less than 52 of the cameras, tripods and lenses in that picture. And what we can't quite make out are the Leicas around most of the necks. I'm impressed.

Also, worth noting, is that I've seen the work of some of these photographers. They have the chops to back it up.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm guessing Schneider is a corporate sponsor of their event.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I know some of the people in the photo. Some are very good indeed.

China has undergone huge physical change, mainly in the major cities, in the last 20 years. I was at 798 in Beijing recently (which used to be an artist commune with studios and galleries, but is now becoming an upscale tourist destination sadly) and there was a sign advertising the Leica S2. And I am sure they sell a few.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Shan Ren, I was at 798 briefly this summer also...shame I didn't see it back when it was more an artists' commune but I did like the easy walking to various studios. I only wish I could have spent more time, but it was not to be this time.

Shooter
    Medium Format

about those jobo compatable chinese precessors

Found group here operating out of xi'an university, They make processors as seenhere and here and here and here. Prices and stats are given from 9200rmb for the big one (heating and cooling) 880rmb for the small black and white one. And 4800rmb for the medium one without cooling ability.
    They all seem to run using a magnet drive, may be a nuisance to change chemicals with lids coming off etc. I guess they are a bunch of electrical engineers not mechanical ones. If people are interested maybe I can investigate more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 250167_1146384187.jpg  
    Nathaniel McMahon - Art Photography

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin