Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,018   Online: 669

Shooter
    35mm

Labs/Processing Facilities in South Africa

Hi...

I'm looking for analogue labs that cater to pros in S. Africa. Specifically Durban, but will consider labs in Johannseburg, too.

Looking for labs that hand process or dip and dunk process film and have high quality scanning and optical printing available. Or maybe a couple if different labs have different specialties.

Thanks, in advance!!

Warm regards,

Paul

paul at paul f gero dot com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not to sure about any Pro labs in Durban (there could be, I just never go there - too crowded and humid)
    but you could try http://www.beith.co.za/ in Johannesburg
    or http://www.orms.co.za/ in Cape Town (which is WAY better than Durban IMHO)

I hope you find what your looking for. Enjoy your stay in SA

Regards R.Claassens

Anybody else have suggestions? I thought not...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul gero View Post
    Hi...

I'm looking for analogue labs that cater to pros in S. Africa. Specifically Durban, but will consider labs in Johannseburg, too.

Looking for labs that hand process or dip and dunk process film and have high quality scanning and optical printing available. Or maybe a couple if different labs have different specialties.

Thanks, in advance!!

Warm regards,

Paul

paul at paul f gero dot com
    Hey Paul... good to see you here! Taking a trip there, soon?

Shooter
    35mm
    Hopefully you will get much more up to date answers than I can give but if you don't and you have to search for info when you are there, then I found the mini-lab at Pick and Pay supermarket in Montclair pretty knowledgeable. It was 1999 and I was only interested in C-41 colour then but I got the impression that the staff knew their photography pretty well so might know the "analogue layout" in Durban.

Longshot I know after 10 years but a tradition of employing knowledgeable operators might have persisted.

A nice city. I have a brother-in-law who has been there for 45 years.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't advise the Pick 'n Pay mini labs anymore, the minilabs in SA have gone down the tubes IMHO. For optimal results, stick to a pro lab. I also use to take my C41 films to a P'nP but that was a long time ago.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all for your responses...I will check out those links.
    Hey Suzanne...great to see you here, too. We're planning a trip for March...excited...with the kids at the ages they are now, it makes perfect sense -- Kate is 4, Sparky is 4 months (TONS easier than, say, 18 months), so we're jazzed about it. Marrying a S. African has been an amazing thing -- love the country and especially the people...This way the kids get to see their granny and grandpa and cousins...the trip, though, is a long one, though. I've been enjoying your posts on the darkroom and I am envious.
    Paul

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin