Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,843   Posts: 1,582,647   Online: 1047

Thread: London in April

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

London in April

I'm going to London in April and I wonder if anyone knew some good photographic shops in the area, just in case I run out of film or so.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Plenty in London, but pay a visit to Silverprint, they are APUG advertisers, great shop, all you need.

Equipment as well - Teamwork, Aperture, Calumet.

Make surew you visit the Photographers Gallery as well, great exhibitions and excellent bookshop.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    After looking at their website I must say they have a wide assortment, I hope they have those Meopta 6x6 and 6x4.5 masks in stock, I'm certainly want those if they fit the Opemus 4. And they carry Fomapan too, this get better by the minute. I will drop by for sure.

And what about classic camera's and 2de hand shops??
    Last edited by Uncle Goose; 01-31-2010 at 12:18 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: adding
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Plenty in London, but pay a visit to Silverprint, they are APUG advertisers, great shop, all you need.

Equipment as well - Teamwork, Aperture, Calumet.

Make surew you visit the Photographers Gallery as well, great exhibitions and excellent bookshop.

Ian
    I went to Photographers Gallery last Monday. But, dam it, it is closed on Mondays.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Drop into Aperture: http://www.apertureuk.com/about.htm

They've got a café where you can have a drink while looking at their 2nd hand stock.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Drop into Aperture: http://www.apertureuk.com/about.htm

They've got a café where you can have a drink while looking at their 2nd hand stock.
    But don't go too early as they open at mid day (well, they did when I went).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK, since it's close to British Museum I will check it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tell us when you're there maybe you might like to meet up with some APUG members in the UK

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Goose View Post
    After looking at their website I must say they have a wide assortment, I hope they have those Meopta 6x6 and 6x4.5 masks in stock
    I'd call them in advance. Both times I've ordered Meopta parts, they've been able to get them in with a couple of days notice, but I don't know how much they keep in stock.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Tell us when you're there maybe you might like to meet up with some APUG members in the UK

Ian
    I want to do so much in such a short time (will only be there for about 3 days) that I will have no time to actually do much socializing. I will run around like crazy I'm afraid. So if you read something like "Madman with strange red coloured camera arrested in London" in the newspapers you will know that it is me they arrested .
    Last edited by Uncle Goose; 02-01-2010 at 01:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin