Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,003   Online: 1009

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Bern, Switzerland?

In summer I will be in Bern in Switzerland and stay for some days. What are the places in the city and around that are worth exposing some film?
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're into old towns and landscapes, you could do worse than a walk along the riverside (near the bear enclosure), there's a nice bridge there, and when i was there there were some wonderful views across the river.

If you like more modern/geometric places, you might like the museum for communication, which has some interesting exhibits, but some wonderful opportunities for light and shade.

I'll attach a a couple of pictures for you (even if they are digital and awful, they're not really the best advert for it, but I only had a rather old digital camera with me, should have probably taken film).

Shooter
    Instant Films
    The old part of the city is exceptional, you can get some decent chances there for a nice shot.
    If you have some time and you prefer landscape and nature photography, i suggest you head to the south, to Interlaken, or maybe take the train to Brienzer Rothorn. Great view.

Switzerland is small, you can get almost anywhere in 2h from Bern (except of the Engadin perhapse).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bern is gorgeous just about everywhere. But I most fondly recall the area right around the bear's den near the Nydeck bridge. It doesn't get much more "Bern" than that. I don't whether if it's still open, but anyway it was the surroundings around there that impressed me most. The oldest part of town is very nice too, of course.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin