Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,717   Online: 1255

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    As a guy who is half Slovenian (and never having been to Slovenia), I am always interesting in seeing photographs of the homeland of my maternal grandparents. I would love to see what you came up with this past weekend!

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always wanted to go - and may do so this summer. Have fun!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am already back from Ljubljana, and I must say, I love that place. It's a little like the east european version of switzerland, at much lower prices. :-) Stay in the better hotels, though, in the first night I tried to sleep in a weird place where you could easily hear what the people next door do at night, in my case several young guys from London on a binge drinking tour kept the other guests awake.

The place is safe, very good food (try the 'torta' cakes, they are to die for), very good coffee, and the market in Ljubljana is a little paradise. I shot a lot in the streets, about 800 photos in 2 days. The landscape of this small country is just amazing, I will have to come back and take a large format camera with me just to capture the beauty.

What I did not know before is that there are many photo exhibitions and even galleries. Currently there are:

The slovenian "press photo of the year" exhibition
    http://www.sloveniapressphoto.si/nov...nje-novice/960

A show with the winners from a social documentary contest
    http://www.ekvilib.org/index.php?Ite...gories&lang=en

I found that many people speak either english or german. Slovenian as a language is somewhat encrypted - it must be a big challenge to codebreakers... ;-)
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin