Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,218   Online: 943

Shooter
    35mm

Genova / Genoa, Italy

Next week I'm going to Genova to attend a conference. I'll take a P&S and will probably only have a bit of time early in the morning and late afternoon / evening.

Is there anything I shouldn't miss?
    Any photo shops where I can buy a roll or two - I always like to buy local if I can.
    Any pleasant areas for walking around the streets?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well you could just walk around the Centro Storico - there are plenty of hidden gems. That should take up most of the day, since you'll probably get lost But you'll then have the chance to try some focaccia al formaggio. Mmmm.

It's a nice city to just wander around. Many of the best things are somewhat hidden compared to many of the more famous tourist spots.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Steve,
    I live in Genova, if you'd like I could show you around (probably in the afternoon/evening). Just let me know when you'll be here.

Massimo

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Massimo,

Very kind offer, thanks very much. I'll send you a pm with some details later today.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I had a good time and Massimo was an excellent tour guide. We chose the perfect time to meet as the sun was getting low and casting nice warm light over the buildings. I shot three rolls of 800Z in the little Olympus Mju II (which seems to be having a battery connection problem). Looking forward to getting into the darkroom now!
    Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin