Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,563   Online: 1046

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    here's some pictures from Cape Breton:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulmcevoy/page6/

and some from the Magdalen Islands:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulmce...7604326548493/
    (old and crappily developed by an awful lab but I still love these pictures...Pentax 35mm in my early days)

And these are pictures from a 2 month hitchhiking trip I took through the Maritimes 2 years ago. It was effing awesome:
    http://paulmcevoy.viewbook.com/canad...s=UA-5309626-1

and more r

Shooter
    35mm
    As a native New-Brunswicker, I think you can't go wrong spending time in either NB or NS. There is a lot of diversity of coastline along these two provinces, and traveling along the east coast of NB into NS would allow you to see a lot of it.

One place that gets overlooked sometimes is the Bay of Fundy. Fundy National Park near Alma is gorgeous and has a lot of beautiful coastline views, but further up the road is the Hopewell Rocks where you can walk out to the rocks at low tide. Low tide also offers the chance to photograph boats sitting on the bottom of the ocean!

St. Andrews is, as mentioned, very picturesque and you have the chance to visit some of the surrounding islands (Grand Manan, Deer Isle, Campobello). Whale watching is also very popular.

Cape Breton is fabulous, but it is a ways to go to get there and the Island itself is pretty big so getting to the northern most part of it from the Canso Causeway is a couple of hours of driving.

Hope you have a great trip!
    P. Thornton
    Dalchemist
    Halifax NS

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I second Deer Isle, really cool ferry takes you out there. It's been a really long time but I had a nice day wandering around there about 12 years ago. You can also take a ferry from there to Eastport, Maine, which is an interesting contrast...run down Maine town...most of the towns nearby in Canada are in much better shape.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Getting excited about this trip (any trip for that matter) but one unfinished item remains. In New Brunswick, is it worthwhile to stay at the Acadian village hotel itself, or is it a bit of a tourist trap-better to stay in Caraquet or Shippigan? Miscou Island? Thanks again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi ,
    Me and my husband are very much into nature photography and we have only 8 days for holiday and very much wishing to take an introductory tour.
    We start and finish in Ottawa. This time there won't be chance for exploring in detail but wishing to touch base with a few places. The places on our lists are Gaspe, and Bay of Fundy . My husband wishes to include Cabot trail ( excluding exploration of Cape Breton). Any advice? We can combine flying and driving. Is there any Ferry service between Gaspe and Cape Breton? Any suggestion will be much appreciated. Many thanks !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin