Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,243   Posts: 1,680,139   Online: 749

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    OK! What would be closest supplier of Ilford? Who could supply some good Fuji 120 film and processing? Kinda like to do what I can there.

Any ideas?
    Gavin's experience of shipping to dr5 sounds promising, so maybe x-rays aren't a problem. I haven't used the film supplier he has linked to, but APUG member Matt5791 runs a film supply company and is linked to a processing lab. I'm sure he'd be willing to send your film by special delivery to make sure it gets there on time, and it would certainly be worth a PM to ask.

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Black View Post
    Gavin's experience of shipping to dr5 sounds promising, so maybe x-rays aren't a problem. I haven't used the film supplier he has linked to, but APUG member Matt5791 runs a film supply company and is linked to a processing lab. I'm sure he'd be willing to send your film by special delivery to make sure it gets there on time, and it would certainly be worth a PM to ask.

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/
    Good call Peter,

Forgot about this company. Will use in future - good prices and good to support fellow APUGer...!

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another recommendation for Matt. Helpful and prompt service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So; Info so far:
    -Midges and weather are a concern.
    -Film and processing available from good sources. (Better than Canada!!)
    (>> I think, in 120; FP4, Fuji colour neg. film.>> In 35; Velvia 100, maybe Provia 400x)
    -Take Hasselblad system, my choice yes!
    (501CM, SWC)
    -Take Leica stuff, as well, my choice yes!

I find it interesting that no one, so far, has suggested the Nikon SLRs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was in the Outer Hebrides in May last year. I took my Nikon 35mm kit but I drove there from home (2 days!) so I could pack everything I thought I might use including LF. I hope to go back this June but by air.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Wife is on the net looking at B&Bs. Lots of nice ones over there. Most advertise a "Scottish Breakfast". She asks; what is a "Scottish Breakfast" and I told her it would be cold porridge and haggis but she says "that isn't true....so find out what is a "Scottish Breakfast"".

What is a "Scottish Breakfast", please?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sausage, bacon and/or black pudding, beans, fried mushrooms, fried egg. A (tasty) heart attack on a plate...!

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Scottish breakfasts are good. Some places have haggis instead of or in addition to black pudding. I like both far more than I expected I would!
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    Sausage, bacon and/or black pudding, beans, fried mushrooms, fried egg. A (tasty) heart attack on a plate...!

Cheers,
    Gavin
    Sounds like I can handle it, maybe not the "black pudding".

I saw your pic of Rannoch Moor. Then I saw your portfolio. Wow! Very nice work. Something to reach for. Thank you for posting what you did.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I write here from the Western Isles; Isle of Lewis actually. The sun has shone all day and its been lovely. Apart from finding two sheep stuck on a rock stack that the helicopter might have to winch off.
    Anyway, midges; there are known here but mainly in the interior. Film; we get film from AG or else through a contact on the island from Ilford. If you let me know in plenty of time I could source some for you perhaps. You could also develop the stuff here too if you like!
    Hotels; good or terrible. B&B's good; rented cottages much better. Maybe able to help with anyone of these.
    If you'd like to meet some crofters or criminals and the like - can help there.
    Black puddings; they are meant to be the best in the world here - I don't eat the things.

Important stuff; waterproof and warm clothes. Boots.
    Any camera will do; they all work here :-) I use a Kowa, Hassie, Kiev, Zorki, Pentax etc etc.

And of course there is the Lewis Photographica [continuing] group.
    Hope that helps.
    Its a nice place here. Lots to see and do. Loads of nice people. And sheep.
    do contact if you need any more info.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin