Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,825   Online: 788

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would suggest you take two cameras, one for a back-up in case your main one lets you down. If you do get a problem with your only camera you would feel pretty sick without a spare.

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp View Post
    I write here from the Western Isles; Isle of Lewis actually.
    Meg and I will be driving or bussing by, sometime in June 2011. So when you see a couple of odd Canadians, with cameras, bumbling about or lost in the moors....it could be us.

Important stuff; waterproof and warm clothes. Boots.
    We have this, living as we do in Canada, I just hope it is the right stuff.

Its a nice place here. Lots to see and do. Loads of nice people. And sheep.
    do contact if you need any more info.
    We wanna see standing stones, ruined castles, vistas and odd things. Nice people and sheep are good too.
    Last edited by Paul Goutiere; 03-24-2010 at 10:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    You might be in midgie-zone at that time - wee biting beasties that like being near water
    When I went to Arran I was told that drinking lots of beer worked as a midge repellant. I didn't go during midge season but I thought it would be best to follow that advice just in case.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    When I went to Arran I was told that drinking lots of beer worked as a midge repellant. I didn't go during midge season but I thought it would be best to follow that advice just in case.

Steve.
    I was afraid of this. Oh well I'll just have to drink beer. Does scotch help as well or just beer?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Steve.
    Brilliant

This made my day!

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    I was afraid of this. Oh well I'll just have to drink beer. Does scotch help as well or just beer?
    I guarantee Paul if you drink enough Highland Malt Whisky you won't worry about midges my friend, it's falling down water you will feel no pain.
    Ben

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin