Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,959   Online: 943

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Awesome. Let's see some of those shots!
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well here's the first bunch up on my Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stripey...57623982279927

Not typical travel shots I'll admit but I'm quite pleased with some of them. There are some more to come. I took more colour film than I thought so I'm waiting for them to come back from the processor.
    How did the minimal kit approach work? Well, I think. There were four of us doing the sightseeing thing and not a lot of time to stop so a fully automatic camera was very handy in the end, there just wasn't time for more careful picture taking and I put all my effort in composition and let the camera work out everything else.

They are all hand held or braced against a wall or similar so the low light ones came out pretty well considering. Lots and lots of walking and getting very thirsty. If I could have changed anything it would have been to wear better shoes!
    Some pics are sharper than others. Manual focus would have been nice, wider than 35mm would have been handy but all in all it was ok, I didn't miss too many pics.
    My favourite picture so far is this one, the stairwell at the old apartment we were staying in:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stripey...7623982279927/

And here is Henri Cartier Bresson's first Leica behind glass at the HCB Foundation:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stripey...7623982279927/

Will report back when I have more scans.

Any comments, criticisms welcome (gushing praise also very welcome).

Steve B
    Last edited by BoxBrownie; 05-21-2010 at 09:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: url error

Shooter
    35mm
    Great photos! I'm actually writing this from on board a TGV en route to Paris... and I'm taking the exact same equipment you did

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin