Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,395   Online: 675

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do all my own processing including C-41 and E-6
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Large Format
    i have 2 favorites labs ...
    one is is kerry's 1 hour photo here in warwick ri.
    she knows her stuff and he prints are amazing.
    i take 35mm c41 to her ...
    renaissance creative imaging formerly in providence ri, now in pawtucket ri ..
    they have never let me down when it comes to chromes ( 35mm, 120, 4x5 ) or mf/lf c41 ..
    they bend over backwards to serve their customers ...
    they are the only lab left in our state that still processes bigger than 120 format film.
    my only complaint is they are so far away ...
    30mins means a day-trip and i have to pack a lunch!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using Chrome, in Georgetown, Washington DC, for about 30 years. I am not a high volume client, but am always treated as if I am. The work is always superb (4x5 E-6, and color prints), and special instructions are complied with. On the rare occasion where the special instructions (granted- sometimes my instructions are a bit vague... "warm it up a bit, please") are not exactly met, they redo the job without argument. On one occasion, it involved reprinting 25 20x24 inch prints.
    In short, excellent results, great customer service, and a welcoming environment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't shoot color too often, but when I do I use Dorian Labs in Arlington, MA. (www.doriancolor.com) They have done all of my E-6 processing for years now and their work has always been clean, accurate and fast, with friendly service at the counter. They provide services other than processing, but they still show a commitment to film work, and that has not been the case always with other labs.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My favorite lab is LTI in nyc.
    They are the best people to work with and have become friends over the years.
    C-41, E-6 and B&W is run in D&D processors from 35mm to 16x20" film. Everything is very clean and consistent.
    They also have some of the best RA4 and B&W printer i have ever seen.
    -ian mazursky nyc
    www.prepressexpress.com PrePress for photographers.
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary

Shooter
    Medium Format
    On the rare occasions I use a lab I go with Blue Moon Camera and Machine. Not only is their quality and attention to detail absolutely fabulous but they are also great folks to talk to.

Plus, their storefront is filled to the brim with used cameras, lenses, darkroom equipment, and other photography gems. I feel like I did when I was ten years old going to the comic book store and they don't hover over you while you are browsing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use photo express in Hull, mail order http://www.photo-express.co.uk/index.html because I can get a film developed and scanned at 3000x2000 for £4 inc return postage. No problem with the quality, and their customer service has been great on the odd occasion I have needed to speak to them - they have been very easy to deal with and helped me to work out if a scratch showing on some negs was was them or my camera. (it was my camera!). They turn round very quickly as well - usually I receive the job back two days after the day I posted it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can someone please suggest a lab in the New Jersey area? I am asking for a friend who lives there.

I live in Berlin, Germany, and heard good things about Jochen Rohner (www.jochen-rohner.de) and Ole Pet (www.ole-pet.de).

(edited because of a typo)
    Last edited by swittmann; 04-16-2010 at 05:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've used Chrome in Georgetown also for my color work. They do a terrific job with color - black and white, not so much. Digital has killed the ability of commercial labs to do a reasonable job with black-and-white. They even admitted as much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin