Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,666   Online: 1163

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Your Favorite Lab and why?

Who is your favorite pro lab, where are they located and why are they your favorite?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    32 views ...does that mean 32 apug people dont use labs? or do these 32 dislike every lab they have found? replies anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you know which lab is my favorite

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Steve. One of my main motivations to do my own film processing was the shoddy standard of processing from many different commercial labs. A couple of years ago, for the first time in about 14 years I needed to get some processing and printing done commercially for a friend's wedding as I was between darkrooms. Anyway, the standard of printing was so poor that I needed to get them to reprint more than 20% of the photos, and to then reprint 20% of the rework.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    By the way, Steve, if I lived in Sydney I would probably be singing your praises.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks but I'de really like to hear the praises of other labs pout there. I'de love to hear about the amazing place in America or that awesome place in Brazil or some super great place in England etc....may i add my 2 cents and say I think Dwaynes is AMAZING!!! thanks for processing Kodachrome long after everyone else stopped. you are heros in the history of Kodachrome. I also want to say that I think DR5 is an awesome lab for keeping black and white reversal processes commercially available!!! I find both facilities really inspiring.
    Another lab i think is brilliant is West Coast Imaging I think these guys are masters of drum scanning.
    So come on who everyone who do you know out there offers a commercial service with wow!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a favorite lab, I just do it my self.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blue Moon Camera and Machine. Their heart and soul in is the processing and they care as if every shot was there own and their life depended on it. The quality is outstanding. They don't believe in digital. They revolve around film photography. They also even sell and service typewriters! Their printing is all optical so nothing is scanned. Amazing!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah there is this lab, I think its called lighthouse or something... you might have heard of it???

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi,
    I would have to agree with Kevin. Bad run. However, I fortunate to have worked in a great pro lab in the 80's and I have set my self up to the same QA standards. I guess when you do you're own work you're more picky.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin