Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,056   Online: 928

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    Any tips for Southern NM? I am trying to plan things out for my trips in a couple weeks.
    In downtown Roswell all of the street lights are shaped like Alien heads and they even have eyes painted on them!
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you want to get off the beaten path a bit and do a little less touristy photography or you just happen to be driving on US-285 north between I-40 and I-25 there is one of the most breathtaking views I believe New Mexico has to offer with the Sangre de Christo Mountains in the background, in the late afternoon (especially after a monsoon rain.) You'll know you're there when you see it. Farther north of that is the rail town of Lamy, NM. There's a couple of "Shootworthies" there. I'd also suggest the Pecos National Monument. It cost a couple of bucks to get in but I thought it was well worth it as it was a safe place to take my 9 year old (no cliffs, wild running rivers, falling rocks or wild animals, etc.) There is some nice scenery between Socorro and the VLA too if you're gonna head that way. I didn't have time to stop when going through (I almost never do) but I sure woulda liked to. Enjoy New Mexico!
    Like Digital? Scan Film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    Is Ritas still around in Taos?? Loved those burritos.

Stagecoach was my favorite hotsprings in and around Taos. I recall seeing nothing but dirt and sagebrush out of every window of a VW bus but the rear one enroute there one time...
    Yes Ritas is still there. Chicken mole burrito my fav. Spent 7 years living with that dirt and sagebrush, great stuff.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post

I know I won't make any friends saying this too, but I found the landscape generally depressing in New Mexico. I missed seeing actual water in rivers and landscapes that are green and alive.
    You've obviously over looked vast areas of New Mexico.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    You've obviously over looked vast areas of New Mexico.
    We lived in NM during my most formative years, and I've been back numerous times, he obviously missed 99% of that beautiful state. I think people see places only from the interstate highways, and thats the only impression they have of a state(or area).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin