Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,920   Online: 796

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Salt River Canyon, Arizona

I drove through Salt River Canyon today (actually a business trip). I didn't take a camera with me because the north side is White Mountain Apache reservation and the south side is another Apache reservation. Do either of these tribes allow photography along the highway there and if so how is a permit required?

Shooter
    35mm
    I live in Arizona and have been through these areas. I would not even think about being restricted from taking photos from the side of the highway, or even from any place that I could walk to for that matter. The thought of obtaining some kind of permit for photographing any kind of landscape scenery would not cross my mind. The only time I've seen any mention of restricted photography on a reservation was when entering an actuall community, ie, houses, hogans, etc., and that was in New Mexico.

Regards,

Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin