Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,568   Online: 1214

Shooter
    35mm

Dubrovnik-Efke820 IR film (35mm)

Anyone know of a camera shop/store in Dubrovnik Croatia selling Efke820 IR film, will be travelling there shortly and would love to be able to buy a stock of the stuff as it is made in Croatia.....MOPS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a specialty item, I guess available only in the capital (Zagreb ) - and even there, there's only one store that I think has it available (in the fridge). It's not exactly an off-the-shelf item, even for a photo lab/store (and there aren't many selling ANY kind of film left).

I'm not 100% sure, but I would be totally floored if you manage to get it in Dubrovnik - sorry.

I guess that there aren't many stores in New York selling it, either - just to put things into perspective...

Perhaps you can purchase in advance and have it delivered to Dubrovnik, to your hotel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only photo store I've visited in Dubrovnik has very little film, mostly C41 colour, I don't remember seeing any B&W films at all. It's easier to buy EFKE films in England & Germany etc than in Croatia, same with Foma in the Czech Republic. Most EFKE film is made and exported.

You'll find Dubrovnik a great city to photograph in and the people are very friendly, most speak excellent English, I'll be there again later in the year.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys for that less than optomistic news. I have enough B&W to carry me through while I'm over there, looking forward to it....Mops

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin