Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,722   Online: 893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: churches

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Curt:

In order to get the nice big within-post images, they need to be hosted somewhere else on the Internet. You then need to link to that off-site image.
    Does that mean having a web site? I feel a little behind the times now if that's the case. I should have gotten more involved with this years ago.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Curt:

You can use a photo sharing site like flickr. I'll try linking to a photo I have posted to flickr:

I guess that worked
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt, that's a doable solution, I never thought of it, I do have a flicker page so I'll have to try it out. Thanks,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Curt:

You can use a photo sharing site like flickr. I'll try linking to a photo I have posted to flickr:

I guess that worked
    Nice photograph, I see a man watching a fish in an aquarium there on the tank in the painted graphic area. It's an interesting scene, I could spend some time there photographing, where was it?

Curt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can use a photo sharing site like flickr.
    Or you can link to the address of an image in your APUG gallery. Just testing to see if it works....

.... which it does!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Churches...yes, thats where this started... ;-) Think about your windows. Morning and afternoon, more light will be coming through the windows, thats great if thats what you want, but wait until noon, when the sun is overhead, and the window will be much darker in comparison to earlier in the morning. You will be able to get a better ballance overall shot of the interior of a church if you are to include windows.

Dont forget to bring your tripod, cable release and external flash. You can always stop down, leave the shutter open and and pop areas that need highlighting with your external flash. I like to take a polaroid if possible to check and see how much light im painting onto the room, and then go for the real deal.

Hope you have good results.
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Nice photograph, I see a man watching a fish in an aquarium there on the tank in the painted graphic area. It's an interesting scene, I could spend some time there photographing, where was it?

Curt
    Curt:

The image is of a large water cistern, located in Watershed Park, in Delta, BC - about 20 minutes from where I live.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Or you can link to the address of an image in your APUG gallery. Just testing to see if it works....

.... which it does!

Steve.
    Steve (and others):

Can non-subscribers see this image, or is viewing limited to those who are subscribers?

Sorry about side-tracking the thread!
    Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin