Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,743   Online: 807

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Seems I should have stayed at Finbar's a little longer till you guys get this sorted out. Anyway there's Canada Day pancakes on the Bedford waterfront tomorrow morning. Nobody's mentioned the man eating coyotes yet. And then there's the woman at the Pleasant Bay lookoff who had run back to the car for her camera because her husband had found a bear den. I didn't hang around long enough to point out the whales.
    Bruce I'm in the Halifax phone book if you're around the city anytime
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Bruce, I live right in downtown Halifax so if you're looking for a pint and a bit of local photo talk, let me know. If you have any specific questions about the city, I can probably answer those too. It's been wild around here the last couple of weeks with the Queen, Naval Centennial including Fleet Week (damn those aircraft carriers are huge!), festivals and all sorts of gatherings. I really enjoy Halifax in the summer. The winter, uhhh, well, I don't mind fog :-)

Looks like others have weighed in on their experiences with the province. Mine have been quite positive, I did choose to move here after all, and I enjoy my time photographing here. The distances here are quite short compared to when I was living out west :-)

Enjoy your trip, I think you'll like it here. Also, the provincial tourism folks have a nice website: http://www.novascotia.com

c.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Chris

I'll be in Halifax late August and early September and my wife will be with me. She is taking a workshop (Japanese Shibori -dyeing) at Peters Valley in upstate New Jersey before we come to Nova Scotia.

I looks like we will be in Halifax during part of the Fringe festival- that should provide some good street photogarphy.

Are there any good photography galleries in Halifax or St John? I know there are several art galleries in both cities.

Bruce

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin