Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,053   Online: 784

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Singapore - places to see, LF things to buy?

Hi, any recommendations for photographic places to see in Singapore? I'll be bringing my Hasselblad. Also wondering if there are any good places which sell second-hand photographic stuff like LF lenses? Thanks for any advice.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is a place called 'FLOS' (I think) at 7 Anh Siang Hill Road.

Anh Siang Hill Road in general is a cool place to visit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The long bar at the Raffles Hotel? I believe they rebuilt the original hotel, but kept the bar. I haven't seen it in its new location, but I'm sure it would be worth a visit.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jurong bird park and the botanical gardens are worth a look. The night zoo tours are fun if they still run them. Sim Lim square is a huge 6 story electronics bazaar but there are camera stores there. Peninsula plaza though, is my choice for camera gear shops whenever I visit. Plenty of good kit there but not sure about LF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll second the botanical gardens, just a bus ride away. There is a section devoted to Bonsai there, you really could get some interesting close up stuff of quite old trees.

Almost every day (it seemed) there was someone pruning very carefully and very slowly, a tree here and there.

Picnic lunch there is good it's a welcome rest from the hustle and bustle of the city and it's direct environs.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Been a while since i was last there but try Sembawang area, there may still be some old world stores out of the way that have had odd stock in boxes out back for years, they where always far cheaper than any plaza.Also some cool old buildings out this way. Kranji memorial, dunno, all depends on what you are looking for , Singapore on the surface can seem a little sterile, walkabout and you can be surprised.
    Consider a bus over the causeway to Jahore Bahru.
    regards
    craig

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin