Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,369   Online: 1143

Shooter
    35mm

Anybody recognize this location?

Attached are three photos that came off a roll of early (based on the film cassette) Kodak Gold 100 C41 film that was in the Pentax S2 Super I picked up at an antique shop in Boone, NC last year.

I'm pretty sure this is somewhere on the west coast of North America, but I'd love to know if anybody recognizes the exact place.

I developed this roll in Caffenol-C just for kicks, now I'm wishing I had taken it to a color lab. I have no idea how it was stored or how old it really is, but based on the film I'd say early 90's at most.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It might be Ruby Beach, WA. Ruby has several openings like those shown; however, I can't find any pictures of them that I can compare. This is certainly a beach that a lot of tourists visit every year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Definetly looks like the Olympic Pennisula (WA) to me. Probably Rialto Beach and Hole-in-the-all area. Those are the most commonly visisted.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Could also be any of a number of beaches on Northern California coast, north of Pt. Reyes I'd think. Reminds me of the area called the Lost Coast.

Person's clothes, etc. looks like early 90s, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Santa Cruz California
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure, could there be some light leaks there? Excenllant shots none the less.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Pfeiffer beach - Big Sur, CA (?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Santa Cruz California
    Naw- Santa Cruz is sandstone.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I'm not sure, could there be some light leaks there?
    Definitely some light leaks and other artifacts (maybe some from my slap-dash Caffenol developing). The film is years old, certainly way past expired, and sat around an antique shop for who knows how long. There are only five complete frames, then a few that suggest that the camera was toyed with inexpertly (shutter tripped with no lens on, for example). The back on the camera doesn't close quite completely either, and this might have contributed to the light leaks.

Anyway they aren't my photos! I'm just wondering where they were taken. Thanks for the suggestions on the place, everyone. I happen to know that the previous owner lived in the LA area in the late 1960's so that's my main reason for thinking this is the west coast. It reminds me a little of Yaquina Head and Agate Beach, near Newport, OR but it's not exactly the same.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin