Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,414   Online: 1097

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Recommended locations to shoot landscapes in Devon?

Hi

Two years ago in the summer of 2008 I posted this thread asking for advice ofn locations to shoot landscapes in Cornwall, UK.

This year (didn't go anywhere last year as baby was born tail end of 2008 so she was too little for the journey) we're all heading to Devon, UK. The town of Barnstaple to be precise.

So, I thought I'd ask my faithful APUG friends for tips on where to shoot landscapes in the fine county of Devon. I might only get one or two mornings to head out on my own early in the morning but if I can get to one good spot for a few hours of peace and tranquilty with my second wife (that's the Nikon F5), that would be superb.

Ted
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got no replies, but it didn't matter. Family life meant I only got to nip out for 2 hours one evening at Combe Martin Bay, Devon. But oh my, what a series of shots I collected!

I shot one roll of Fuji Velvia 100 at EI50 using my Nikon F5, ND Grads and my 50mm prime. Here a few of the best ones.

http://www.tedsmithphotography.com/b...n-rainy-devon/

My favourite, and perhaps one of the best landscape shots I've ever taken, is this one (standard scan of transparency done by my lab). I've had it enlarged to an 80cm x 60cm to hang in my hall. It's my annual masterpiece :

Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice!
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin