Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,283   Online: 853

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I left my heart in the standard gallery.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The next adventure I take.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm
    Almost any where in which I'm surrounded by nature - the prairie, the woods, atop the bluffs on Lake Superior, in the marsh, ... it's all the same. Nature is a beautiful thing.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Moloka'i.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I leave a piece of my heart every time I photograph a child.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    The next adventure I take.
    Me too. My heart is aching for Toronto and Quebec at the moment. Not because I have such fond memories of them, but because they are my next shooting location.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had a short visit to Vermont a couple of years ago, and I really miss it. I am not sure if I miss it just photographically - they have more cows than people there, which is my idea of heaven (not the plethora of cows so much as the scarcity of humans). I would like to return and tackle the photography again, as everything I shot the first time ended up looking like postcards - I'm sure if I have more time, and return with much of the new information I have learned regarding photography, I can put more of a personal "stamp" on the pictures I make. Lots of great old graveyards to explore, the covered bridges, the barns, the lakes and rivers. Maybe someday soon...

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Me too. My heart is aching for Toronto and Quebec at the moment. Not because I have such fond memories of them, but because they are my next shooting location.
    Agreed. My next shooting location will be along the Murray River and the Alpine National Park areas in Victoria, Australia for 2 1/2 weeks. But, the one place I am just dying to return to one day is the southern part of the South Island of New Zealand (next year, God willing), around Dunedin, Queenstown, Te Anau (Fiordland).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For me it's where the sea meets the land. On the north east coast of New Zealand the water is warm clear blue green, and full of wild life. The coast varies from rugged rocks and surf, to horseshoe shaped sandy bays. I spent many summers staying at our small wooden bach that my Grandfather and Father built about 30yrs ago. All day on the beach and in the water, not even wanting to stop for lunch. Dad built a little sailing boat with me passing the tools. Anything you could do on or under the water - we did it. As friends we saw each other for 6 weeks each summer and the weekends, but we knew each other better than anyone else.
    As a consequence, the sea still draws me. And if I'm away from it for too long, miss it. Not afraid of it but respect it, and I love to capture it with some of my photography.
    Last edited by John McCallum; 08-08-2004 at 07:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am very fortunate to live in Santa Fe. Everyday the light tempts me to make the photograph of my life time. Especially during monsoon season (now).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin