Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,552   Online: 818

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two locations in Arizona that I camped out at while a student many years ago:
    Mingus Mountain is one place and the Mogollon (sp?) Rim the other. When daughter #2 finishes her senior year of college (5 more years - 5 more years!!) the plan is to (me) semi-retire and my wife and I move to either someplace in Arizona or live near her sister in the Encinitas, CA area.
    We spent the last 25 yeares living near my family here in New England, and I promised her that we will eventually move closer to her's (mostly in AZ).
    I loved the mountains and high desert of Arizona.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When I was a painter, I had the same attitude as Doughowk because so many things were disappearing. Nowadays I do photography instead of painting. Here around Phoenix so much has been paved over that is difficult to connect with the tired, the worn, and the rustic, much less undisturbed nature. Nowadays I am stuck with decaying suburbia except for those rare forays into small town America where peace still prevails. Rusty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To me it is what we called the golden circle at the travel agency I worked at before I got married. I took tours out starting in Cedar City Utah. We would take in a circular route that first stopped at Zion National Park another place I worked at for several summers putting myself through college. From there we would trabvel to the No. Rim of the Grand Canyon. Next stop would be Lake Powell with side trips over to Monument Valley and other places on the Rez. then it was up to Bryce Canyon for a couple of nights, and back over Cedar Mountain to Cedar City Utah. There is such a diversity from alpine to desert in that circle I can never be tired of it. I know the seasons, and the moods of the weather. I like the peole and as mu husband jokes, I better I dated half of them before I met and married him. Like many other regions it is disappearing from what I knew. Too many people and development.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a hard one and I've failed to reply several times today. I love fields when the crops are almost ready to harvest, hills where the mist is just burning off and there's just me and the wild creatures, there again the wild untamed sea crashing into everything that attempts to stand in it's way. I guess at the end of the day I'm only really happy when I'm behind my camera searching for that next shot. So on those grounds my heart is wherever the next picture is

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For me it is the Colorado Rockies... a mere 13 hour drive from here. Whenever work gets stressful, I turn to the Rockies to relieve my stress with hiking and photography. It probably comes from my early 20s when I would backpack there and photograph the "marrow of the earth".

Kevin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The modern heart of the business district of any fair sized city.
    The old (older the better) quaters of any village,town or city.
    Tobermore, Mono Cliffs Provincal Park, anywhere on the shores of Lake Superior, Egan Chute, Bancroft, Cafe Ole ...
    Sorry, got carried away. I think (after all that) that my heart lays in jumping in the car, throwing the map out the window, and seeing where the road takes me. (and buying a new map to find my way home)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To quote Theodore Roethke: I learn by going where I have to go. Wise words.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    To quote Theodore Roethke: I learn by going where I have to go. Wise words.
    True indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I wake to sleep and take my waking slow, I learn by going where I have to go.
    What if you could make a picture with this in mind?
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Images
    New Orleans. My wife and I lived there for 6 years ('85-'91), and our first child was born there. We left to return to Huntsville, Alabama, where my wife's family lives, where the schools are better, etc.

Now, 13 years later, I still miss it terribly. We always lived in Mid-City, out around the art museum, and I worked at the convention center downtown on the river. My daily commute, by car, bus, or bicycle, was down Esplanade Ave and through the French Quarter. It was always lovely, and on the frequent foggy mornings it was magical. I loved the food, the music, the vibrant culture, the architecture. It was, believe it or not, the most family-friendly place, and the people are gracious and open-minded.

Unfortunately, this was before my photographic obsession began. We visit frequently, and it's a photographer's dream. I will live there again.
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin