Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,599   Online: 734

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Luckily, I didn't leave it anywhere. I've heard it is hard to function very well without it.

There are a few places I really enjoyed though. I loved the beach in LA in the 80s. I loved the downtown of Portland Oregon. I loved Banff in the Rocky Mountains. I love Hawaii. I love where I live in wine country.

If I was to come close to losing it, it would be to my beautiful wife, who where ever she is, is perfect for me.

Michael McBlane
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Namibia. After covering 8000km ther in '96 I dont think I will ever be able to see an image of the country without it hurting. I am completely in love with Southern Africa (Zim is obviously not the same these days...), but Namibia blows you away. I think to fully enjoy it you have to get sandy and sweaty. Think tents and Barbques every night (with jackals hovering, hoping for a nibble of the Kudu steak), not hotels and aircon. The Dead Vlei in particular is something else. Anyone and agnostic as I gets really confused in a place like this. It makes you feel like you are being watched by your creator. The smell of it keeps returning whenever I am reminded of it. I would love to live there for a year and get it out of my system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Algonquin Provincial Park and east into the Ottawa Valley is my spot. The colour in the fall, the quiet of deep snow in the winter, the people and old settlements along the Opeongo Trail, I look forward to going back every year.
    Brian McDowell

Images
    Boston. A walk along the Charles River in the summer with hundreds of sail boats on the wide part of the river. Down Charles St. to Beacon Hill. European style buildings built around gardens. Flower pots on every doorstep and on the window ledges. Black iron railings glistening in the sun. Oh, and bricks, bricks and more bricks. Brick designs on the buildings on the sidewalks. patterns and murals of brickwork.

Streets and buildings that predate the United States by 150 years. Modern streets and buildings that seem to blend so well with the rich history of this place.

In the winter a light snowfall will trace out all of the intricate details of this place and make it all the more beautiful. In the public garden (near, but not part of the Boston Common) Ice skaters twirl and move in all directions where during the summer the famous Swan Boats paddle back and forth to the joy of the children riding on them.

I could go on but I think you get the picture. I know I often do.. get the picture that is.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same as Ole, the coast of Norway. Just magic. But the west coast of Scotland isn't so bad either, for sailing and climbing. Or the north-east coast of England, in a gentler way. Somebody said 'For one's old age there's always the Arctic.' So Svalbard.

Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Left my heart? What a load of rubbish! It'll be there wherever I am and the light is right.
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I can be found on the backroads, in the small towns, and the two-lane highways of the rural West and MidWest. Last Fall, we drove from our home in Kansas to Chicago and back to see our daughter's graduation. I was dying to stop and photograph the many beautiful barns and landscapes along the way.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    Left my heart? What a load of rubbish! It'll be there wherever I am and the light is right.
    Hans
    Now don't go all sentimental on us Hans .

Shooter
    Large Format
    not sure if i left my heart there, but ...

back in 1988, i drove/camped out across the usa from rhode island to the south dakota / wyoming border. i really miss seeing rolling hills of the praire countryside, fields of soybeans, enormous grain elevators that look like gothic cathederals glistening in the afternoon sunlight, and abandoned homesteads along the interstate.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Right now my heart goes everywhere with my son. He just turned a year old and is changing way too fast. In the early months of his life I was too busy trying to learn how to be a mother to really pick up a camera. And then all of a sudden he was six months old, and I realized "Oh my god, the last time I shot black and white of him was when he was three days old!", and now I just shoot him constantly, which I am sure is overcompensation for the fact that part of me just aches to return to those days when he was tiny (and immobile!) and captures those moments on film. But since I can't do that, I'll have to rely on my photographic memory instead.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin