Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,257   Online: 854

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=BWGirl]Ok, Mike, I hope I don't incur the wrath of anyone here, but... have you ever noticed that 'dog' reversed is 'god'??? It's a possibility!

Sorry about this, but can't resist: Have you heard about the dyslectic agnostic insomniac who stayed awake all night wondering if there is a dog?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Zambia was great, the North New Zealand Island awesome, Vietnnam wonderful if you like street, landscape and other interesting photos, but my favourite is the high Andes and the people and animals who live there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I first saw Northern New Mexico 20 years ago this past June. My future wife and I fell in love with the area although both of us--being sea level inhabitants--started out with mild cases of altitude sickness. We visited Santa Fe and the surrounding area twice a year for a while but now we only get out there once a year. It's funny how I sometimes didn't even take a camera for several of those trips, just enjoying the weather, the sights and the smells without any purpose except the sheer joy of living. But the light is incredible in its clarity and the sky is unbelievable in the depth of its blue.

Santa Fe is still a great central location for outward travel although Santa Fe itself has become heavy into consumerism, tourism, fadism and traffic. Last year, we were distressed to see the pinon forests in the hills around the city had died due to the drought--change is the only constant, I know. I still enjoy the town, its history, culture and the food. We'll be returning for another short visit soon. If I've left my heart anyplace, it has to be there.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively
    It's funny how I sometimes didn't even take a camera for several of those trips, just enjoying the weather, the sights and the smells without any purpose except the sheer joy of living. But the light is incredible in its clarity and the sky is unbelievable in the depth of its blue.
    Try Australia. I particulary love Kings Canyon at Watarrka National Park in the Northern Territory. The sky is so clear at night; there is absolutely no light pollution at all. The nearest town is 200+ kilometers away. Fantastic. Ayers Rock is just another overblown tourist destination now. If you are interested here is an article I put together about it: http://www.visionlandscapes.com/Arti...px?ArticleID=6
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The Southern Appalachian Mountains. I was born in the area and have never found anywhere that I had rather be (or photograph).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=johnnywalker]
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Ok, Mike, I hope I don't incur the wrath of anyone here, but... have you ever noticed that 'dog' reversed is 'god'??? It's a possibility!

Sorry about this, but can't resist: Have you heard about the dyslectic agnostic insomniac who stayed awake all night wondering if there is a dog?
    What if dog was one of us?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_greant
    What if dog was one of us?
    You Canadian Idol wanna be!!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a snapper like ... one ... of ... us ... (sing it)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker

Wasn't this the same dyslexic rugby trainer who signed Joanna Lumley?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin