Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,730   Online: 838

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, goin' to the Big Apple Halloween weekend and plan on some subway photography with an inobtrusive little ZI RF. Anything I should be aware of like the Transit Authority's desire to make me stop? I will be shooting an engaged couple on the way to the wedding so I will have someone there with a marriage license to vouch for me. Will that be enough as long as I avoid getting in a stranger's face with the camera?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Actually, I answered my own question. So for anyone else interested, here is a link to the New York City Transit Rules Page. And this is the rule regarding photography.

Section 1050.9

3. Photography, filming or video recording in any facility or conveyance is permitted except that ancillary equipment such as lights, reflectors or tripods may not be used. Members of the press holding valid identification issued by the New York City Police Department are hereby authorized to use necessary ancillary equipment. All photographic activity must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Part.

Also to bear in mind as to conduct . . .

Section 1050.7 states riders may not . . .

9. Conduct himself or herself in any manner which may cause or tend to cause annoyance, alarm or inconvenience to a reasonable person or create a breach of the peace.

(And how many times do get on people's cases for not Googling first. Yeah, smacking my forehead repeatedly here.)
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin