Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,180   Online: 865

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Need Help for A Detroit (possibly) location

Hi all!

I'm helping a friend who owns a unique furnishings store (http://www.metropolis-living.com). I have been helping him (pro bono, he is my good buddy after all) with marketing tasks like designing and producing his web site, designing logos, tags, cards etc. He is going into a very serious show in February and he will have a booth there. Considering his type of merchandise, I'd like to take some very high-resolution images, possibly 8x10 color negative, of a couple of interiors.

One would be a derelict factory interior and another would be some place that would probably have been really beautiful in it's heyday but has been left to decay. Some place like an old hotel lobby or an old, stately, railroad depot, something like that.

I am willing to travel for a day or two to get to that location, so from Toronto that would mean around 500-600 miles to get to it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Marek
    Marek Warunkiewicz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let me suggest that you start with http://micharch.blogspot.com/. On the left are links to many of the local websites of people and organizations trying to preserve Detroit's history. Yes we have a wonderful abandoned train station but hurry this town is deteriorating fast.

Ken

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Marek,

There are tons of abandoned spaces in the area that would meet those criteria. Are you going to take the product into there to photograph, or just shoot backdrops? I can point you to probably a few dozen places within downtown proper.

BTW - My wife & I are hosting a gathering the first weekend in December here in Detroit. We may end up in some places like that. Let me know if you're interested.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd try messaging jdCallow with your question.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin