Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,685   Online: 809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Jacobs
    Well, I have to say, I have the opposite problem.
    After looking at your [quite wonderful!] website Cheryl I would say that you have made a "problem" into a "solution"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyH
    After looking at your [quite wonderful!] website Cheryl I would say that you have made a "problem" into a "solution"
    And we are quite glad she has!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    The only person that ever gets between my camera and my subject is my two year old. Otherwise I do the majority of my shooting in a nearby refuge - there doesn't seem to be many people interested in hiking through - the few people I do happen upon seem all to happy to get behind and far away from my camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I see people wandering through the landscape as part of it, just like the clouds and anything else that might pass through.

In the attached image, I'd already made two exposures of the furrow in this marsh near Orient, New York and was getting ready to put away the camera, when a man came along the beach walking his dog. I put in another holder, pulled the darkslide and waited until he seemed like he was in the right place and made another shot, and this one is definitely better than the others.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orient,Marsh on Hallock's Bay, 2March2002.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    I see people wandering through the landscape as part of it, just like the clouds and anything else that might pass through.

In the attached image, I'd already made two exposures of the furrow in this marsh near Orient, New York and was getting ready to put away the camera, when a man came along the beach walking his dog. I put in another holder, pulled the darkslide and waited until he seemed like he was in the right place and made another shot, and this one is definitely better than the others.
    The person really makes the image!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Amen - very nice image and the person's silhouette has just enough detail to create the "mystery" of the photo.

Some of my favorite shots have had this accidental element - but it often seems that the most unphotogenic people/animals/elements will intrude just when you are trying to compose a formal scene that you've pre-visualized.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin