Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,535   Posts: 1,544,079   Online: 1135

Shooter
    Medium Format

Vancouver & the GVRD in the Fall?

Hey guys. I just found this forum for locations. It`s awesome. I`ve been shooting in my area for so long now, and with Google maps have scoured every inch of my city of somewhere that might have interesting things too shoot. As well as drive around a lot. Even out as far as an hour in every direction I can`t think of anything that I haven`t already done.

But maybe, and I`m sure there are, some places that I don`t know of for shooting in Vancouver & the regional district in the Fall. Does anybody know of some good places?

I`m not actually in Vancouver but close enough that I can be anywhere in the GVRD in half an hour.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...unless there's bridge traffic...

Seriously though, I too am looking forward to seeing what replies are forthcoming.

Two weeks ago I made the trip up to the Weaver Creek salmon spawning facility - too late to see many fish, but it was still interesting. I did find a couple of interesting road-side shots though along the way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With a city that has numerous parks etc I never seem to run out of locations:
    Here is where I find a few good spots:

Anywhere along the skytrain routes
    SFU and UBC
    Grouse Mtn
    Beach Ave
    Abbotsford Zoo
    Alouette Lake
    Bird sanctuary
    OWL Orphaned Wildlife Rehabilitation Society
    Bloedel Conservatory
    Britannia Heritage Shipyard
    Bunsen Lake
    Deep Cove
    Golden Ears Park
    Harrison Hot Springs
    Langley Airport
    Ft. Langley
    Burrard St Bridge
    False Creek
    Granville Island (watch out for the tourists)
    VanDouesen Gardens
    Steveston
    Whitrock
    Queen Elisabeth Park
    Along the seawall
    And of course Lord Stanleys' Park
    Surrey Museum
    New Brighton Park
    Whistler
    Horshoe bay.
    Anywhere along Marine Drive
    Maritime Museum
    New Westminster.

This should keep you going for a day or 2 until I get a bigger list.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 11-17-2010 at 12:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you run out of interesting spots over there, and you've got a weekend or more, try Vancouver Island or the Gulf Islands.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where have you been?

Tell us, and we will tell you where to go .

If you like "nature", I'd suggest exploring the regional parks - Campbell Valley, Lynn Headwater, Deas Island, etc.

If you like history, try Fort Langley. Read up on the roads that were used to access the Cariboo gold rush - they all started around Vancouver.

The "back" road out to Harrison Hot Springs, through Mission, has a lot of potential.

The resources oriented toward tourists can be a great source - us locals tend to ignore those things that fascinate visitors.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin