Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,471   Online: 959

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Flying with Steel dev tanks

I travel light and nimble. Im flying to Istanbul through JFK in Dec. and i do not check bags in..
    So after all this information,

I will be bringing 2 x100' rolls of trix and a 100' roll of portra with me. These come in metal cans. and at 400 iso not a huge deal to get xrayed.
    I will bring a 1000ml Steel developing tank along aswell.

I fly with film alot, but never have with developing tanks and film changing tents in a carry on.

I was wondering if anyone flew with any of these equipment in a carry on bag? Any experiences?

Cheers

Deniz Merdano
    www.denizmerdan.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They might have to pat down your cans at JFK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    are you going to have the developing stuff in your carry on with your film ?
    just ask for hand-inspection and you will be fine ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I will have everything with me in a carry on, except the chemicals.
    Could I even fly with powder X-TOL ?
    I would love to bring a whole bunch with me and save money. I doubt they would let me have the chemicals in a carry on bag.

I am not too concerned about the film, i might ask for a hand inspection.. but not a big deal. They will only go through one xray at JFK until they are exposed and developed on location.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin