Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,087   Posts: 1,612,305   Online: 1176

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeo
    Where/what is Bodie? - Never heard of it...
    Have photographed Stonehenge mant times though :-)
    Bodie is a rather complete ghost town in the eastern Sierras of California, off Highway 395 in the Lone Pine/Bishop area. It's maintained as a California State Park.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have a listen to today's "Lenswork Blog"
    DanG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    "Not another picture of Bodie? As there not been enough film shot there yet? Do we really need more pictures of BODIE?

I don't know about Bodie, but I don't need to see another picture of Britney Spears or M Jackson's snowwhite, eyebrow painted, alien nose sporting, wigwearing weirdness -- talk about an overworked location.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peculiar and constantly changing geography though.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    It seems you folks have put a lot of thought into what you don't want to see. What DO you want to see? While you are limiting your world views maybe you should ditch entire subjects too.

Fruit, flowers, trees, rocks, old buildings, new buildings, buildings in various states of decay, old things new things (because nothing is really new is it), children, people of all ages might as well be forgotten, street scenes with and without scenes, clouds, North america, south america, central america, all of africa, north west east and south asia, austraila New zealand, animal vegetable and mineral.....

Ah hell why don't you throw away your cameras now. This is a tired argument. I personally have never seen a photograph of Bodie.
    Mark:

Perfectly said, I didn't even want to continue looking at all the other responses to this post; you said what I was thinking to the "T".. I kept wondering just what it is that people should do who love photography-----I mean, now that there no more subjects, themes, etc...that are worthy of further personal exploration by someone like me, a stupid forester. I just upgraded from 35mm to MF for nothing.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin