Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,917   Posts: 1,556,410   Online: 1154

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ralph, sounds good. We'll start another thread and work out a time which suits most of us. We have maybe 10 to 15 to 20 keen APUGers here in Melbourne.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    ... would you be interested in a day outing in the countryside, or just a shortish meeting in the inner city area? ...
    A day outing would be great.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Ralph, sounds good. We'll start another thread and work out a time which suits most of us. We have maybe 10 to 15 to 20 keen APUGers here in Melbourne.
    Sounds great. I like to meet them all!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in if the date is right.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Greetings Ralph , What suburb does your son live in ? What plans have you made ? , have you visited Melbourne before ? :
    I have no doubt that there is much that we could show you if you had the time .
    Cheers Barrie B. Melbourne .
    ( life member of Melbourne Camera Club , and member of the Traditional Darkroom Printmakers Group )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My son lives in Richmond. I've never been in Melbourne before. I have a few plans for the trip but should have a day to spend with APUGers. If there is an interest for a get-together, maybe someone can take the lead to organize it?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    OK, it looks like it's going to happen (I'm in BTW). Who has suggestions for a venue - NOT the Botanical gardens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richmond is approximately 3 to 5 kilometres from the centre of Melbourne, dependent upon where in Richmond. In Australian terms itís old and serviced heavily by trams and trains but parking is a bit of a nightmare.

Ralph, do you need a lift for the day? This can easily be arranged.

I would suggest a Saturday if possible, mainly because it means most of us will not be rushing back to have an early (ish) night, for an early start on Monday morning if it is on a Sunday.

If you could work out a possible day that is suitable, then we can start arrangements. April the 2nd or the 9th or the Sunday after each day, could possibly work well for you and us.

As I now have a bit of an idea of the age group you fall into, I can tell you that travelling from Europe is hard on the body due to jetlag. If you are coming from the USA it isnít as bad, but it still hurts. Allow a minimum of three days before you do anything where you need a clear mind. Flying to Europe from Australia, is quite easy on the body by comparison.

Various suggestions for a shortish day trip out of the greater Melbourne area, can be arranged, we just need to figure out what will work for both Ralph and us.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about we organise both a day trip and also a separate get-together somewhere not too far from Richmond, such as the CBD?

That way,those with not much time on their hands can still meet Ralph at the get-together, and those with more time can make a day of it somewhere.

Ralph, if you could please let us know when your best times are, we can ask for a show of hands and organise some times and places. As Mick said, Saturdays are probably the best for most.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will be getting there on the 26th of March.

That's a weekend, but I will (most likely) be closer to death than being alive during the first weekend. As far as I know my son, he will be trying to prove that his old, frail and senile Dad is no longer fit, giving him an opportunity to chase me through the country side from morning 'til night, demonstrating the superiority of youth.

He is into camping, but little does he know that Holiday Inn is the lowest threshold of 'camping', I'm willing to go for! What the heck, I'm old, I have an excuse!

Anyway, since his vacation days are limited, we agreed that I'll spend the latter part of our trip with him (really looking forward to that), leaving the former part for my own excursions. Still, I like to spend all weekends with him if possible. Then again, he likes golf, my back does not (another excuse, don't tell on me). So, the first Saturday amongst the awake and living (April, 2nd) may be a good day for us to meet, and him to pound holes into the golf course. He calls it fun!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin