Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,663   Online: 892

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    April 2nd works for me!! And I echo Pete's reservations about the Botanical Gardens. To start the discussion around somewhere photogenic, Melbourne-y and close to Richmond: there's a couple of things in the suburb I wouldn't mind photographing before they disappear:
    * The former Biscuit Factory/GTV9 on Bendigo St (-37.824565,145.011742)
    * The Silos underneath the famous Nylex Clock (-37.829319,144.988836) - in fact there's a few interesting old industrial things around Cremorne, incl surviving remnants of the old Rosella Factory...
    However, for an actual get-together, somewhere dense in "interestingness" WITH somewhere for coffee would be better - maybe Docklands: there's the not-yet-obliterated-by-development bits in South Wharf with the old Port of Melbourne control tower and other ephemera...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ah. It looks like I'm going to miss out on this one. SWMBO is planning a trip to Gippsland 29th March to 4th April.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another one worth recording before it disappears (it's close to my heart because it's right next door to where I work) is Rosati's Restaurant in Flinders Lane, between Exhibition and Russell. It is an old warehouse-type building in a streetscape of similar buildings and Zagames (the owners) have put in an application to demolish it and replace it with a 9-storey office building :-(

Regarding April 2, it looks like I will have to miss also because I will be interstate that weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    April the second is good for me, although I do have reservations about an inner city meeting as Ralph posted a preference for a day outing.

I have met up with some APUG people in Germany where once they came around to my place and took me out for the day, the second time I took a pre-dawn train from Munich to Stuttgart to meet up with them. Both times were memorable.

What I was shown both times, was stuff that was interesting to a photographically orientated outsider. If Ralph is domiciled in Richmond, which is almost inner Melbourne, he can take public transport to central Melbourne and be there in 12 minutes.

Thoughts peoples?

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have just aquired a 'new' Graflex, so I'm keen for the city or Richmond - my domicile

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This sounds like it could be a great outing. Since I've managed to miss the last two meet-ups I've been aware of, I'd love to come along, as long as it all fits in with the family, of course...

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm just checking flights......

Flight dependent (I have just been given the all clear by The Lord High Executioner and Minister for Finance), the 2nd of April would work for me. Like I said, I am looking for an excuse to come to Melbourne for the weekend, but obviously will only commit if all the plans fall into place.

Cheers
    Last edited by hoffy; 02-15-2011 at 05:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is looking like I have been given the all clear - been meaning to get over to Melb for a while for some architectural /street shooting.
    Just need to confirm flights.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guys

I'm impressed with all the effort. I'm really looking forward to this too.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You fellas from Adelaide, if you desire, we have one bed with floor space in our sun room, you just need to bring a sleeping bag. First one who puts their hand up, gets the bed

I'm located 14 klm's south of the CBD, the airport is 32 klm's north of the CBD.

Richmond is 3 to 5 klm's East of the CBD.

If I can borrow the missus's car I can carry three passengers, otherwise my ute can only take one passenger, not sure what her plans are at this stage.

Mick.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin