Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,550   Posts: 1,599,054   Online: 850

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My son will be chasing me around the sights, I'm sure. Photography is not my main reason for visiting Australia, but I wouldn't mind getting a couple of pointers from you guys on where to go and not just end up with a few tourist snaps. For that day, however, I'm fine with staying in town, having a chat, a meal and a couple of drinks. Meeting you all will be fun with or without a camera.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I would like to join as well.
    Joachim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My earlier plans had me anticipating joining in with this, but no, can't do. I am departing for Broken Hill tomorrow (Wednesday) so will unfortunately miss this APUG meet-n-greet. Hope your brief stay in Melbourne is a pleasant and creative one, Ralph — sorry about the weather, though. It will be 28-38 degrees where I am setting up camp.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Hi Gary, Are you staying in Broken Hill for more than a month? We are talking about 2nd APRIL here... Anyway, have fun and enjoy the summer (what's that?) temperatures. Joachim

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Regarding the "a chat, a meal and a couple of drinks" part, how about "Muttis" in Carlton in honour of our German guest? They serve well-made German and Austrian food (although I noticed that my favourite "Zwiebelrostbraten" disappeared from the menu). Just an idea. Happy to see other suggestions.

I hope we can take some pictures before we finish the day with some drinks. This also would make the day more attractive to our visitors from Adelaide. I summarize some earlier ideas here which were about (industrial) architecture:
    Marc suggested:
    - The former Biscuit Factory/GTV9 on Bendigo St (-37.824565,145.011742)
    - The Silos underneath the famous Nylex Clock (-37.829319,144.988836) - in fact there's a few interesting old industrial things around Cremorne, incl surviving remnants of the old Rosella Factory...
    - Docklands: there's the not-yet-obliterated-by-development bits in South Wharf with the old Port of Melbourne control tower and other ephemera.
    Peter suggested:
    - Rosati's Restaurant in Flinders Lane, between Exhibition and Russell. It is an old warehouse-type building in a streetscape of similar buildings and Zagames (the owners) have put in an application to demolish it and replace it with a 9-storey office building.
    Any other suggestions or opinions?

As always, I would be interested to see some prints or slides. I probably bring some 6x7 slides from last year's Kilcunda trip.

Joachim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sounds great - there must be some interesting stuff within walking distance too - I might do some reconnaisance in my lunch hour...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    Medium Format
    gary, wrong month mate...

I'll be down for this, but have to play it by ear - working most saturdays for the next couple of months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joachim_I View Post
    Regarding the "a chat, a meal and a couple of drinks" part, how about "Muttis" in Carlton in honour of our German guest? They serve well-made German and Austrian food (although I noticed that my favourite "Zwiebelrostbraten" disappeared from the menu). Just an idea. Happy to see other suggestions. ...
    Joachim

Why would I travel half around the world and eat the same food and drink the same beer I can have at home every day? No, no, no, I want to taste the local goodies! Please, no exotic stuff, though.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I guess that makes sense

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Joachim

Why would I travel half around the world and eat the same food and drink the same beer I can have at home every day? No, no, no, I want to taste the local goodies! Please, no exotic stuff, though.
    Can you get Pie floaters in Melbourne? (mind you, I would have trouble giving one of those to my worse enemy.....)
    If you get a chance, check out my new Facebook Page, Kustoms On Silver!

Hoffy's Flickr Photostream (Not quite analog Only, but nearly!)

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin