Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,517   Online: 856

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My son will be chasing me around the sights, I'm sure. Photography is not my main reason for visiting Australia, but I wouldn't mind getting a couple of pointers from you guys on where to go and not just end up with a few tourist snaps. For that day, however, I'm fine with staying in town, having a chat, a meal and a couple of drinks. Meeting you all will be fun with or without a camera.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I would like to join as well.
    Joachim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My earlier plans had me anticipating joining in with this, but no, can't do. I am departing for Broken Hill tomorrow (Wednesday) so will unfortunately miss this APUG meet-n-greet. Hope your brief stay in Melbourne is a pleasant and creative one, Ralph — sorry about the weather, though. It will be 28-38 degrees where I am setting up camp.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Hi Gary, Are you staying in Broken Hill for more than a month? We are talking about 2nd APRIL here... Anyway, have fun and enjoy the summer (what's that?) temperatures. Joachim

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Regarding the "a chat, a meal and a couple of drinks" part, how about "Muttis" in Carlton in honour of our German guest? They serve well-made German and Austrian food (although I noticed that my favourite "Zwiebelrostbraten" disappeared from the menu). Just an idea. Happy to see other suggestions.

I hope we can take some pictures before we finish the day with some drinks. This also would make the day more attractive to our visitors from Adelaide. I summarize some earlier ideas here which were about (industrial) architecture:
    Marc suggested:
    - The former Biscuit Factory/GTV9 on Bendigo St (-37.824565,145.011742)
    - The Silos underneath the famous Nylex Clock (-37.829319,144.988836) - in fact there's a few interesting old industrial things around Cremorne, incl surviving remnants of the old Rosella Factory...
    - Docklands: there's the not-yet-obliterated-by-development bits in South Wharf with the old Port of Melbourne control tower and other ephemera.
    Peter suggested:
    - Rosati's Restaurant in Flinders Lane, between Exhibition and Russell. It is an old warehouse-type building in a streetscape of similar buildings and Zagames (the owners) have put in an application to demolish it and replace it with a 9-storey office building.
    Any other suggestions or opinions?

As always, I would be interested to see some prints or slides. I probably bring some 6x7 slides from last year's Kilcunda trip.

Joachim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sounds great - there must be some interesting stuff within walking distance too - I might do some reconnaisance in my lunch hour...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    gary, wrong month mate...

I'll be down for this, but have to play it by ear - working most saturdays for the next couple of months.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joachim_I View Post
    Regarding the "a chat, a meal and a couple of drinks" part, how about "Muttis" in Carlton in honour of our German guest? They serve well-made German and Austrian food (although I noticed that my favourite "Zwiebelrostbraten" disappeared from the menu). Just an idea. Happy to see other suggestions. ...
    Joachim

Why would I travel half around the world and eat the same food and drink the same beer I can have at home every day? No, no, no, I want to taste the local goodies! Please, no exotic stuff, though.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I guess that makes sense

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Joachim

Why would I travel half around the world and eat the same food and drink the same beer I can have at home every day? No, no, no, I want to taste the local goodies! Please, no exotic stuff, though.
    Can you get Pie floaters in Melbourne? (mind you, I would have trouble giving one of those to my worse enemy.....)

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin