Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,581,992   Online: 815

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am happy to go with the flow. I will be free of youngsters from midday and will fit in as best I can.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, a decision should be made pronto, I'm assuming Ralph will be leaving the northern hemisphere in a day or two, he will have other things on his mind, time to pull our finger out and decide.

Assuming Ralph will not have wheels, we should work out just who could give him a comfortable lift. I know that there are about 4 people (or couples) who live within 10 minutes of his Melbourne domicile. Offers?

Now how about working out a concrete time frame and just what will we do.

Remember what Ralph asked for (read the early parts of the thread) what others are doing to get here (some coming from Adelaide). Also do the South Australians need a lift?

Marc, you and Christine know a fair bit about inner areas better than I do, as do others. Perhaps a photogenic location that is reasonably easy to access via public transport and/or automobile. How about some final suggestions, with a plan B for inclement weather. Is football happening on that day?

Assuming Ralph doesn't wish to leave at sparrow fart, nor get home with the owls, we could work on mid morning to mid-late afternoon situation.

Ralph, if you have some pertinent input regarding times, could you let us know?

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Happy to try to organise locomotion from Richmond - but public transport can be a lot quicker and easier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Raoul, I agree with public transportation from Richmond generally, but it is possible we will go somewhere that is or can be quite slow to get to with public transport.

Nth Richmond and Sth Richmond as well as East and West Richmond are quite distinct areas. I know Richmond quite well, I was a border at St Ignatius on top of the hill in Church street in the fifties and very early sixties. I know the dairy and horses are long gone, plus the ice man no longer calls, neither does the Bottle-Oh man.

Meanwhile, back to the matters to work out.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Won't matter to me as I will now be away that weekend. I know you will look after Ralph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We are staying not that far from Flinders Street Station.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Less than a few days to go!

I'm leaving on Friday and have no way to contact any of you afterwards, unless I'm successful to get on the internet when in Melbourne.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How about some concrete options:

1 - Richmond, Swan street. Cafe's, graffiti and gallery. Meet near Richmond station.
    2 - City, meet at/near Fed Square and go from there.
    3 - City, meet at Queen Vic market and go from there. Suggest morning start for this one.

Any other suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Raoul, The Queen Vic sounds reasonable to me.

Quiet (ish) end of town, easy access from Richmond via tram, plenty to see and eat. Steamed Dim Sims, mmmmm

Nice park one block away (Flagstaff).

We could amble down to the city centre, maybe even check out Michael's camera museum.

Has reasonable photographic possibilities, note to self, bring 35mm for people shots.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, one thing. Please don't force any plans around us coming over from Adelaide. If it works out to be too hard to accommodate us, its not the end of the earth, as we will find plenty to do!

I do suggest, though, that anything city based would suit us better.

Cheers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin