Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,697   Online: 703

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Western Scotland

Hi everyone,

I am open to all landscape photography suggestions around the Arrochar/Loch Lomond area as well as the Fort William area in western Scotland. Will be spending a little while there this October and will have a car (when all the midges should hopefully be stiff and dead, hah!). Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Jin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The other side of Loch Lomond is well worth a visit there is also a good B&B place called Inversnaid Lodge, food is great, Andre and Lynn are excellent josts and he is also a photographer and finally the landscape is good too.

I would suggest you look further north and west above Ullapool and on to Durness on the far north coast, IMO it's by far the best of Scotland.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Isle of Skye is a truly remarkable place. Specifically from Portree to Uig (via the Trotternish range hike near the Old Man of Storr), the drive from broadford to Elgol is very interesting, but it will probably be trecherous to hike in the Cuillin range in Oct. In addition, do not miss Staffin and the Quiraing.

If you are in the Fort William area take the Glen Nevis trail which leads to Rannnock moor, the steall falls is wonderful.

If you can get to Fort William via Glen Coe, park off the road opposite Gearr Aonach, Coire Gabhail and Beinn Fhada and hike up the side of Coire Gabhail to the hidden valley.

If you need any specific info PM me and I will be happy to share.
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    The other side of Loch Lomond is well worth a visit there is also a good B&B place called Inversnaid Lodge,
    Even I have heard of Inversnaid Lodge. http://www.inversnaidphoto.com/
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi - thanks for the tips. I've not really been able to find Inversnaid Lodge as a B+B though, when I do a search for it, it's always associated with some photography workshop or other.... It also looks really nice and probably pricey! My price range is around 20-30GBP pp... Still having trouble booking places in the Arrochar/Tarbet area....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try the Youth Hostel at Ardgartan, they also have family bunk rooms if that is what you need.
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin