Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,993   Online: 1022

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

What is your favorite location

I was thinking that there are several locations here on the island of Oahu that I tend to go to quite often: Makapuu Point, Kaena Point and a Hawaiian Fish Pond near Kahana Bay (on the North Shore). Sometimes, I wonder if I go to them out of laziness or just because I like them a lot.

I would like to know where your favorite locations are. I'm especially interested in locations in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. I'm planning on visiting them within the next year. I would also like to hear about locations elsewhere. I've never photographed in New England and would love to go there some day.

Your thoughts,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Stockholm, Sweden. First, architecture. Second, it is an archipelago of over 20 thousand islands. The archipelago is awesome. In many instances, one can find an isalnd all to onself. The ravages of winter winds make for some interesting rock textures. And in high summer, the sun never really sets.
    Francesco

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    Stockholm, Sweden. First, architecture. Second, it is an archipelago of over 20 thousand islands. The archipelago is awesome. In many instances, one can find an isalnd all to onself. The ravages of winter winds make for some interesting rock textures. And in high summer, the sun never really sets.
    I work with a fellow from Stockholm who has a ariel photograph of Stockholm. You are right, there is a lot of water, and it seems like a beautiful city.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tofino, BC, Canada is one my fav. spots on this planet..
    and how can i forget my home town Istanbul, Turkey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    France - Ribeauville in Alsace, Saint Emilion in Bordeaux, All Italy, [color=black]Constantinople/Ephesus Sth Coast of Turkey.... [/color]Aaahhhhh

(and despite having a sister living in DC - quite positive I've missed far too much by not yet experiencing the wonders of the US yet!)

Oh hang on - you're talking photography not food & travel!?.............

Aussie - Street photos, people (& food): I like Melbourne
    - Landscapes/seascapes: Tasmania and the Outback
    Sure that there are others who could be far more informative!

New Zealand - Street stuff .... hmmm .... I'll get back to ya
    - Landscapes - Virgin Bush: Urewera Mountains, Lake Waikaremoana area and Heaphy Track South Island
    - Classic plains & mountains: Central South Island
    - Live volcanoes and 'moonscape': Tongariro Crossing, Mt Ngaruahoe (alternatively known as Mt Doom)
    - Wild Seascapes: West coast of Auckland, Castle Point of S/E Coast of North Island.
    - Most beautiful national park: Abel Tasman NP.
    This Place: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...sort=1&cat=500 let me know when you get here!

er ..... um.... bit proud of my country.
    Last edited by John McCallum; 09-09-2004 at 08:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This one is easy...ANY PLACE I CAN BE WITH A CAMERA, GOOD LIGHT and FLIM!!

Short of that, any small town in Texas or New Mexico (or Four Corners area of the Southwest)
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    not really a favorite place - side of the road, back lot of a factory building, some small shot that i wander into and ask the clerk if i can take their portait.

i do kind of like defunt turnpike roads and ruins of mills. lots of that stuff around here ( ri ).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    In Australia - The Great Ocean Road including the 12 Apostles, Sydney Harbour, The Pinnacles in Nambung National Park in Western Australia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the Uk I love everywhere I've gone. I don't shoot trees and tectonic mounds though.

In no particular order:
    Brighton
    london
    soho
    greenwich
    kensington
    swansea
    cardiff
    mumbles
    almost any high street, tube station or rail platform

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    (and quite positive I've missed something by not yet experiencing the wonders of the US yet!)

let me know when you get here!

er ..... sorry .... bit proud of my country.
    One way or another I coming. There are a couple of places that I can't get out of my mind; Central Otago, Moeraki Boulders.

If you ever come to Hawaii, let me know. Air New Zealand flys direct from Auckland to Honolulu.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin