Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,535   Posts: 1,544,067   Online: 1105

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Flying with 120 film

Traveling from the United States to Europe, any country; what is the largest number of rolls you have taken with you in your carry on?

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took about 20 rolls of 120 and maybe 15 of 35mm traveling from Canada to London. They were more than enough for 3 weeks of shooting for me. Went through carry-on xray a couple of times and I developed back home, all good. I actually forgot to take 10 unused rolls out of my pack and into carry-on for the trip home and so far so good, no fogging!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    About 800 for a wedding.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sorry I should have broadened it to from North America, or even from anywhere to anywhere long distance. Scott doesn't need to reply.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Flew from PDX to Frankfurt with 50 rolls of Velvia and Fuji Acros. No issues at all, even when I brought them home after 9 months and developed.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I'm sorry I should have broadened it to from North America, or even from anywhere to anywhere long distance. Scott doesn't need to reply.
    Well my 800 was from Europe to the South Pacific, if that helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    800 rolls?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes I was an assistant for a well known international wedding photographer, wedding was a week long shot entirely on 120 film at the request of the client.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, it must have been a very expensive wedding.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I didn't dare ask, but I got paid more for that week than I would usually earn in 2 months.
    Was great fun though, I've never reloaded so many cameras in one week!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin