Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,489   Online: 896

Shooter
    Large Format

tasmania australia?

Ive got a few days free that i want to fill using my large format camera. Im willing to hike a few hours but not overnight.

Cradle mountain? Any specific trails?

Or

brunby island?

Or

im open to your comments. Ill be staying in hobart

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look up the Tarkine region.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The CM walk around Dove Lake is nice, all board walk and takes about 4Hr, you can do a nice side trip at the top end to a another lake (Lake Wilks ?) or walk to Kitchen Hut, if you start early you could climb CM itself. CM is about 4hr drive from Hobart. There is so much in Tas is hard to point you in one direction.
    Mt Field NP waterfalls
    Styx Valley for wilderness
    Maria Island
    Bruny Island
    Eglgehawk Neck Area for rocky coast
    A long drive to the Tarkine, and Pieman River not the Nth end ( www.tarkine.org & http://tarkine.org/siteuploads/Tarki...or%20Guide.pdf)
    Upper Florentine Vally - Rani's Track / Adamsfield Track / Tiger Vally Lookout
    Last edited by SMBooth; 03-14-2011 at 02:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd add Freycinet NP and the Bay of Fires region to the potential list. Cradle Mountain area can be a bit of a lottery. Sensational one day in a conventional photographic sense and completely covered in cloud and mist the next - but some people like that!
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin