Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,753   Online: 798

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do it all the time....I'm in Australia so anything I sell to you guys in the US is a foreign sale....customs forms take a couple of minutes to fill in - and any additional fees are payed by the receiver. Why people complain about the forms I'll never know....

And as people have said send it registered mail (which the received will pay for), or via Fed Ex etc if they want to pay for that service....One thing I do with an international sale is photograph the box with the customs form on it, and a close up of the form, and email it to the purchaser so they know when it was shipped and the tracking number.....

I've done over 500 sales on ebay - over 90% of them have been international, and the only problem I ever had was a Japanese gentleman who sent payment via international money order, and couldn"t understand why I was waiting for it to clear through my bank because I couldn't read the paperwork that came with it. It was in Japanese after all..........

Ask them to pay via pay pal in US$ - what you do about the pay pal fee is up to you. I would rather take pay pal with their fee than take a international money order/check which my bank can charge anything form $15-30 to cash...plsu it can take a week to clear....

I wouldn't worry about Singapore - the culture there is generally very honest (we've not talking some places to avoid shipping to - on ebay I prefer not to ship to Africa, Italy, Indonesia and parts of South America)..
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forgot to mention - when you log in to pay someone via pay pal using someones email address you have the choice of which currency you are paying in (at least I do on Australian Pay Pal) - so if I'm sending $100 US then the receiver gets $100 US - I get charged whatever the daily exchange rate is....
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    You have exacly the same risks while selling in US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a few other precautions you can take, (I'm talking generally), photograph the items before shipping, and also the packaging including labelling etc if possible. I've done this a couple of times in the past. I did this when sending a large heavy lens for repair to show the optics etc were perfect and the overall condition.

It's worth doing this because it might help with a claim if an item gets lost or damaged, or if there's issues with a buyer saying it's not as described. I had a problem with a UK repairer/importer a few years ago and wish I'd done this.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin