Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,827   Online: 1140

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For labs, Duggal definitely has the reputation, but when I brought them some B&W film to develop - they didn't do a very good job - crazy thin negatives. After that, and not wanting to run the risk of another bad batch of film, I decided to just go back to an old convenient, non-glamorous stop from my undergrad days - Imagination Photo Lab. I've had B&W and color done there and I've never had a problem.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    great thanks again

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might also want to check out Print Space on 19th Street, a rental darkroom that has the space and chemicals to process B&W films yourself. I haven't been there in years but they used to have a C-41 line and I think they still do.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    resurrecting this thread, i've called up duggal and they're still processing, other than that, any other labs you guys like to send film for processing?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I saw "Searching for Vivian Maier" the other day, and had the impression that Mr. Maloof was having those prints made in a pro NY lab. I've got to admit I'd never seen a print dryer that large before. Anyone know which place that was?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use LTI Lightside. Ask for Bernard. Tell him I recommended them to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    I use LTI Lightside. Ask for Bernard. Tell him I recommended them to you.
    Great, will do!
    Got quotes from Luster, LTI, Duggal & Accurate and if I have to factor in turn around time for processing 35mm, 120 & 220, LTI's the place to go.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not a big fan on TSA security scanners at airports so when I travel I try to find local film processing. I shoot high speed B & W and I've tried Duggal who were ok technically but treated me a tad offhand as I was not a "big" client. I went around the corner to Chelsea Photographic who treated me wonderfully and also does a fine job. I've been going to Chelsea for the past 6 years over 3 sojourns to NYC from Oz with no complaints. You may want to look them up. Cheers, Sam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin