Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,505   Posts: 1,543,479   Online: 998

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Pinhole

New York Photo Labs

Hi all

i will be staying in new york for a couple of weeks and plan to shoot quite a few rolls of film. rather than pay for expensive processing costs when i get back to the UK, i wondered if any of you New Yorkers could recommend a cheap, and decent photo lab to take my films to. i plan to shoot both 35mm and medium format.

any help will be much appreciated. thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe not cheap, but certainly good: Duggal - Www.duggal.com
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    35mm
    For my Black & White I've usually gone to B & H Photo (www.bhphotovideo.com) where they've provided processing and proofs for a reasonable price and good work. They outsource the jobs (I think) so one simply hands ones work over the counter and gets it back later without the scope of talking it through with the hands-on-person. Still it beats worrying about x-ray scanners at airports for me. cheers, sam

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would have recommended duggal, but someone beat me to it. I have hear good things about LTI http://www.ltiny.com/

There are several labs still fully operational in NYC, but turnaround time can be the killer. Do not ask for rush service if you want cheap.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    that's great. thanks for these.

@samcomet : yes. xrays are another reason i dont want to carry all my films home

@ degruyl : turnaround time is definitely another factor, i'm not going to be there long enough to be able to wait ages to get the films back

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, in NYC, rush is usually "same day service". Just ask how long it will take, and if it is too long, carry it home with you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used both Duggal and LTI. Both are great. Both are as fast as you need. Duggal may be a bit more expensive, but it is also a much more glamorous affair. Their reception is loaded with huge Cibas and other amazing work. It's fun just walking in.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Pinhole
    thanks a lot. it's good to have multiple recommendations for a place

..... on a similar note do any of these places sell darkroom chemicals, just in case i am able to put together a temporary set up?

Shooter
    Large Format
    B&H... 9th avenue between 33rd and 34th. It is ... huge.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agree with Beards and Hats, but if you're going to duggal or lti, then adorama or calumet are closer. I'm not sure if calumet still has darkroom stuff. Call ahead for either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin